Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

First reaction?

Posted by on May. 2, 2012 at 12:22 PM
  • 6 Replies
  • 132 Total Views

What was your first reaction when you found out there was a baby on the way?

When my DS told me, I thought he was joking, as it's a standard joke about how much I wanted to be a grandma. Only once he started to cry, I realized he was actually serious!!! Then my mom phoned in the middle of this, so I basically hung up on her, telling her I'd call her back.

The strange thing is a few weeks ago, I had a dream Hailey was pregnant, and told my DH I thought she was pregnant.

My DS was so upset and worried that we'd be angry and/or disappointed in them. We are a little but it's too late for stuff like that. So we're doing everything we can to help and support them.

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersDaisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Maternity tickers
by on May. 2, 2012 at 12:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
PuppetDani
by Member on May. 3, 2012 at 5:14 PM

I just looked at her... and every oregnancy since i just stare in abject terror

happytobeRJsmom
by New Member on May. 4, 2012 at 1:49 PM
1 mom liked this

My first reaction was confusion. I have wanted to be a grandma for awhile now but I thought one of my older sons 28 and 20 would be the ones to give me my first. I was a teen mom so I know some of the issues she will face and I have told her  I will support her no matter what she wants to do. But, when it really comes down to it I am looking forward to this next chapter in my life.

xMommaKayx
by New Member on May. 5, 2012 at 1:19 AM

I was the supportive "mom" because my dsd is not "mine".  Initially, my dsd did not think that she could get pregnant due to medical issues.  Her bm was not as supportive, which was odd to me because she was a teen mom herself.  I am glad that I was able to be there for her, and I think that based on her relationship with me, she was comfortable in telling me and gaining support before she told the rest of the family.

JanetR74
by Member on May. 15, 2012 at 8:56 AM

When they first told me they were both really upset so I had to be the strong one.  I was upset because of their ages but I let them know I'm here for them and that it won't be easy but they can do it. 

mrsvixen
by Group Owner on May. 15, 2012 at 12:30 PM

Yes, we went through this too. When she finally told her dad, he was *upset with how supportive we were* wtf? He has come around though, a lot quicker then we hoped or expected.

Now everyone is just sooooooo excited.

Quoting JanetR74:

When they first told me they were both really upset so I had to be the strong one.  I was upset because of their ages but I let them know I'm here for them and that it won't be easy but they can do it. 

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

JanetR74
by Member on May. 16, 2012 at 7:42 AM
1 mom liked this

I've had a few comments from my friends how surprised they are about how excited we are.   Sure I didn't want her getting pregnant at 15 but it's happened and they are well adjusted and responsible and having my first grandbaby will truly be a blessing. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)