Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Are you good in the kitchen, or are you a complete flop?

I am pretty decent in the kitchen, I am no chef though LOL, and I am always learning new things.

by on May. 5, 2012 at 6:00 PM
Replies (41-50):
TurboMom81
I realize that I will never get back to my original weight. I am okay with that. Besides 9 pounds 9 ounces just isn't realistic. ;-) Saw that on a t-shirt and loved it! LOL
Yesterday at 11:39 PM
by on Aug. 22, 2012 at 9:38 PM

I actually JUST bought one a few months ago. I have yet to try anything in it. Do you have any suggestions of a good first recipe?

Quoting SweetLuci:

Have you tried crockpot cooking?

Quoting TurboMom81:

I suck.  I do try though but I get so easily distracted that I burn a lot of stuff

dusky_rose
by Sue on Aug. 22, 2012 at 9:40 PM

I think I'm pretty good in the kitchen, but I'm still learning everyday and I'm 47.

Sue ~ Head Admin
~ D.V. Survivor/Admin

LavenderMom23
by Member on Aug. 22, 2012 at 9:53 PM

When I was younger couldn't cook a damn thing. I would try though, torchereed my parents with salty and over floured cookies. Why wouldn't they just buy me the betty crocker mix lol? Now, I can cook a lot with great tallent. But I've only been cooking two years and almost completely rely on reciepes. 

SweetLuci
by Bronze Member on Aug. 24, 2012 at 10:51 PM

There are lots of recipes that are easy. Here's one my family loves. Great served with noodles, rice or mashed potatoes and a salad.

Easy Roast

This is a quick and tasty way to make roast!

3-4 lb beef roast
1 pkg dry onion soup mix
1 can stewed tomatoes

Place roast into slow cooker cover with onion soup and tomatoes. cover and cook on low 8 hrs

Quoting TurboMom81:

I actually JUST bought one a few months ago. I have yet to try anything in it. Do you have any suggestions of a good first recipe?

Quoting SweetLuci:

Quoting TurboMom81:

I suck.  I do try though but I get so easily distracted that I burn a lot of stuff

TurboMom81
I realize that I will never get back to my original weight. I am okay with that. Besides 9 pounds 9 ounces just isn't realistic. ;-) Saw that on a t-shirt and loved it! LOL
Yesterday at 11:39 PM
by on Aug. 25, 2012 at 1:07 AM

Awesome! Thanks!

Quoting SweetLuci:

There are lots of recipes that are easy. Here's one my family loves. Great served with noodles, rice or mashed potatoes and a salad.

Easy Roast

This is a quick and tasty way to make roast!

3-4 lb beef roast
1 pkg dry onion soup mix
1 can stewed tomatoes

Place roast into slow cooker cover with onion soup and tomatoes. cover and cook on low 8 hrs

Quoting TurboMom81:

Quoting SweetLuci:

Quoting TurboMom81:

daerca574
by on Aug. 25, 2012 at 10:42 AM

I can cook, and I have taught my 15 year old to cook too.  She really enjoys it.

Keni-Lyn
by New Member on Aug. 25, 2012 at 1:47 PM

Always looking for new tricks and recipes, but I can hold my own. My kids and their friends want me to go on Hell's Kitchen and make Ramsey look like an idiot. No training. They seem to think I'm that good. They also want me to open a restaurant.

kurtkamkaitsmom
by Kerry on Aug. 25, 2012 at 3:00 PM

Im pretty good.

mendyd
by Member on Aug. 25, 2012 at 9:28 PM

I consider myself a good cook.  I'm no chef either, but love cooking.  I just wish I had someone to do the cleaning up afterwards. ha

SweetLuci
by Bronze Member on Aug. 25, 2012 at 9:38 PM

I'll second that. 

Quoting mendyd:

I consider myself a good cook.  I'm no chef either, but love cooking.  I just wish I had someone to do the cleaning up afterwards. ha

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)