Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How do you feel about it

Posted by on May. 7, 2012 at 11:29 PM
  • 23 Replies
How do you feel about little girls in bikinis?
Would you let your dd wear one?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 7, 2012 at 11:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KaylaMillar
by on May. 7, 2012 at 11:30 PM
I think their cute on babies ( and so much easier to change a diaper in) but as she gets older idk if I'll want her to wear one.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
starreyedcutie
by Member on May. 8, 2012 at 7:51 AM
I'll let her wear one at home but when you go to the beach she wears the bathingsuit that has the shirt and bottoms...too many perverts
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jen113000
by on May. 8, 2012 at 8:53 AM
I've seen some that are acceptable... not those little triangle tops though. I would most likely buy my daughter...if I had one a tankini
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
goddess99
by on May. 8, 2012 at 9:13 AM

I think babies in bikinis are cute but once they start getting older, not so much. My dd wears 1 piece suits and tankinis.

Leelee1008
by Member on May. 8, 2012 at 11:19 AM

I think its cute, but dh is no so DD wont have one.

MamaBear2cubs
by Nikki on May. 8, 2012 at 11:25 AM

My daughter wore them as a baby. She has a 1 piece this year but I think in general they are cute on little girls.

Leelee1008
by Member on May. 8, 2012 at 11:27 AM

me too. My DD is 15 months and a little chunky, She would look so adorable in one, but dh is totally against them.

Quoting KaylaMillar:

I think their cute on babies ( and so much easier to change a diaper in) but as she gets older idk if I'll want her to wear one.

GraceHudson
by on May. 8, 2012 at 11:29 AM
bump

dusky_rose
by Sue on May. 8, 2012 at 11:38 AM

I put my dds in one piece suits when they were that age.

I'm thankful for a hubby that loves me, 4 healthy children, a warm
place to sleep and enough food for our meals... God bless America!

slw123
by Member on May. 8, 2012 at 11:43 AM

I think that it's a regional issue with how moms feel about it.  I personally don't have any problems with it.  We live in a beach town and all the girls wear bikinis at the beach.  It's certainly easier for diaper changing if you have a really young one too.  I grew up in this beach town, we all work bikinis, so it's just the norm.  You can always spot the tourists on the beach, they are the ones who have their daughter's in granny bathing suits, lol.  My daughter is 9 and has always had bikinis.  Going into the public restrooms and struggling to pull down a one piece is no fun at all. 

Since the argument has been made on here so many times in the past, I'll address creepy old men that might be looking at your child.........they are still looking at your child in a one piece bathing suit too.  It's just better to keep a close eye on your child the whole time.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)