Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mother's Day is coming. Tell us about Yours!

Posted by on May. 9, 2012 at 11:43 AM
  • 20 Replies

Do you still have her?  If not, what about her do you miss?  Any special memories?  Is she still full of life and laughter?

by on May. 9, 2012 at 11:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
dusky_rose
by Sue on May. 9, 2012 at 11:47 AM

My mom is no longer with us, may she rest in peace. I miss her though, I had a special bond with her. The other day I was down visiting my older children with my youngest son and my oldest dd spotted a butterfly that was blue (her favorite color), so we were watching my youngest son chase this butterfly around until he lost it. Then we will saw it and it fluttered between my daughters and I, and flew off. I like to think that it was my mom checking up on us.

I'm thankful for a hubby that loves me, 4 healthy children, a warm
place to sleep and enough food for our meals... God bless America!

alliesmom112
by Sandy on May. 9, 2012 at 11:49 AM

My mom became my mom when I was 7 and she married my dad. She is very much stil full of life and laughter. She has the patience of Job and raised 8 kids and is now raising my niece (who is more of a handful than all of my brothers and sister combined.) I really couldn't imagine my life without my mom. It has been a real adjustment the last few years living 700 miles away and not always having her be a phone call or short drive away anymore.

alliesmom112
by Sandy on May. 9, 2012 at 11:50 AM

aww what a sweet story.

Quoting dusky_rose:

My mom is no longer with us, may she rest in peace. I miss her though, I had a special bond with her. The other day I was down visiting my older children with my youngest son and my oldest dd spotted a butterfly that was blue (her favorite color), so we were watching my youngest son chase this butterfly around until he lost it. Then we will saw it and it fluttered between my daughters and I, and flew off. I like to think that it was my mom checking up on us.

dusky_rose
by Sue on May. 9, 2012 at 11:51 AM

Thanks!

Quoting alliesmom112:

aww what a sweet story.

Quoting dusky_rose:

I'm thankful for a hubby that loves me, 4 healthy children, a warm
place to sleep and enough food for our meals... God bless America!

MamaBear2cubs
by Nikki on May. 9, 2012 at 12:15 PM

I see my Mom about every 2 weeks,she is an amazing Grandma and we love her very much.

slw123
by Member on May. 9, 2012 at 12:44 PM

Yes, I still have my mom.  She is such an awesome cook!  I love going to her house for dinner.  All of my special memories have to do with food, i think, lol.  The things she would make with us or the things tht she made for us.  Plus she is so creative too.  My mom made my wedding dress, made my wedding cake AND made all the food for the reception.  She made herself physically ill doing all of these things for us.

Rushn311
by Cindy on May. 9, 2012 at 1:20 PM
1 mom liked this

That's so sweet Sue! :)

Quoting dusky_rose:

Rushn311
by Cindy on May. 9, 2012 at 1:22 PM

My mom passed away when I was 13, so 17 years ago. I miss her dearly. She wanted a daughter so badly so it kills me that she was taken away when I was so young...she didn't get to see me do much and what hurts most is that she never met my hubby or kids. :( She loved being a Grandma and I know she would be tickled pink with all the grandchildren she would of had.

Samanthamommy
by Member on May. 9, 2012 at 1:26 PM

Yes, we live about 3 miles away from eachother

KRIZZ25
by Member on May. 9, 2012 at 1:29 PM

hi i,m new..my mom is still wth us..in fact we live together..she is a hard worker,good cook,smart ,funny,short ..lol a grate Nana..and soon on to be grate nana..

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)