Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My story...just have to share this. (kinda long)

Posted by on May. 10, 2012 at 11:32 AM
  • 9 Replies

I feel that I just hit a huge milestone in my life. I finally graduated college and got my bachelors in Sociology and English, I graduated with honors at the top of my class and worked my butt off. The road there wasn't easy, but I'm truly proud I did it.

I took off time after getting pregnant with my first at 21 years old, got married before she turned 1 and found out I was pregnant with my second daughter when my first was only 11 months old. I finally got back into school after my youngest turned 1. Excelled my first semester back, only to find out I was pregnant with #3. Continued school until I delivered, and went back a few days after having her to complete my finals...got a 3.5 that semester with a full course load. Took a semester off to stay at home with the kids full time and my husband lost his job during this time and had an affair...I was unaware of it, but when the time came I got back into school and shit hit the fan. I dealt with his crazy mistress, emotional strain from him, no support from family what so ever and I hit rock bottom, I still continued with school refusing to give up and tried to fix my marriage and raise my girls. I suffered from a stroke in early 2011 and almost have made a full recovery. I lost ability to walk, my vision was impaired, and it took a lot of physical therapy to get back to 'normal'. I got pregnant again in the midst of trying to work things out, and DH didn't budge...so I focused on me and my kids and school. Refusing to show my girls my misery I put my energy on them and wanted to be the best mom I could. After all that, I still did it. I'm truly proud of surviving through all that, and not giving up.

IAmPregnant Ticker

by on May. 10, 2012 at 11:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
jerzeetomato
by Bronze Member on May. 10, 2012 at 12:12 PM

What an incredibly moving and inspiring story.  You are the very definition of strong woman, and your girls will be so much more because of you.  Congratulations and good luck!!

PrinceMomma486
by Member on May. 10, 2012 at 1:40 PM

Thank you!! It took a while to sink in, I just saw myself as wanting to finish school but looking at everything I dealt with along the way and I never gave up, yeah...now I see my strength :)

Quoting jerzeetomato:

What an incredibly moving and inspiring story.  You are the very definition of strong woman, and your girls will be so much more because of you.  Congratulations and good luck!!

MamaMandee
by Mandee on May. 10, 2012 at 10:36 PM

What an amazing story! You truly are a strong women and a great an example to not only your kids but women everywhere!! 

meka26
by New Member on May. 10, 2012 at 10:39 PM

YOU ROCK!!!

TheJerseyGirl
by on May. 11, 2012 at 5:54 AM

You should be so very proud of yourself! You are such an inspiration to your girls...never forget that!

KaylaMillar
by on May. 11, 2012 at 9:58 AM
Wtg! You rock
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jerichos_Mommy
by on May. 11, 2012 at 9:11 PM

Congratulations

jessicasmom1
by Bronze Member on May. 14, 2012 at 2:03 PM

very well done :-) I am proud of you sticking with it , taking care of the girls, and even willing to accept what you husband did to you ... that take one strong willed person and that is YOU! Congratulations on a job well done!

Kmakksmom
by on May. 25, 2012 at 10:34 PM

How awesome!  Congratulations :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)