Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Time Magazine Cover

Posted by on May. 11, 2012 at 5:45 AM
  • 8 Replies

Did anyone see the hype about this cover? Thoughts? How does this affect women? your daughters?

Time Magazine Cover

by on May. 11, 2012 at 5:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
TheJerseyGirl
by on May. 11, 2012 at 5:56 AM

I DID see it and I know it goes with the article but I just dont understand why they have to have any parital nudity on a cover of anything to sell a magazine. Although breastfeeding is wonderful, we know how it all works and really dont need to see anyone's boob on a cover.

Its really not a big deal BUT Im more bothered by a 3 year old still breast feeding...my kids didnt have a bottle or breast at that age.

Myspace Comments       autism bright colors heart picture and wallpaper

VintageWife
by on May. 11, 2012 at 6:07 AM

I thought the presentation of it was dumb. The looks on their faces, the kid on the chair and the statement beside it. However, I see nothing wrong with ebf'ing. We practice child-led weaning whether that be at 1 or 3.

Mrs.Pool2Be
by on May. 11, 2012 at 9:16 AM
1 mom liked this

While I thought the picture was pretty disturbing I see nothing wrong with eb'ing because if it works for the Mom and her child than who am I to judge?

KaylaMillar
by on May. 11, 2012 at 10:04 AM
I'm all for extended bfing but I don't want my kids to have any memory of nursing. I won't judge other people though because they do it!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jerzeetomato
by Bronze Member on May. 11, 2012 at 3:17 PM

To each his own.  I think the cover was chosen for shock value - Time is selling magazines, after all.  The whole attachment parenting might not be for everyone, but evidently it works for some.  

bhwrn1
by on May. 12, 2012 at 10:37 AM

I absolutely agree, Melissa. It was for shock value and to raise their sales. They did a great job with the marketing here. BFing a 3 y/o doesn't bother me, but I hate that Time had to flaunt it like this. It puts such a negative spin on it IMO.

Quoting jerzeetomato:

To each his own.  I think the cover was chosen for shock value - Time is selling magazines, after all.  The whole attachment parenting might not be for everyone, but evidently it works for some.  

PrinceMomma486
by Member on May. 12, 2012 at 1:07 PM

I agree with this. I have no issue with extended breastfeeding, attached parenting or tandem nursing...but how it was portrayed was tasteless. I think it hurt breastfeeding advocates more than help them.

Quoting VintageWife:

I thought the presentation of it was dumb. The looks on their faces, the kid on the chair and the statement beside it. However, I see nothing wrong with ebf'ing. We practice child-led weaning whether that be at 1 or 3.

BabyFruit Ticker

bhwrn1
by on May. 12, 2012 at 1:40 PM

I agree

Quoting PrinceMomma486:

I agree with this. I have no issue with extended breastfeeding, attached parenting or tandem nursing...but how it was portrayed was tasteless. I think it hurt breastfeeding advocates more than help them.

Quoting VintageWife:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN