Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Who Handles the Discipline in your House?

Posted by on May. 14, 2012 at 4:42 PM
  • 35 Replies

You or hubby?  Who is better at it?

by on May. 14, 2012 at 4:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jen113000
by on May. 14, 2012 at 5:04 PM
We both do. I'm better at it though.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bhwrn1
by on May. 14, 2012 at 7:40 PM

Both of us. Not sure who is better. I think it depends on the circumstance.

Mrs.Pool2Be
by on May. 15, 2012 at 7:28 AM

We share it but I would say he is better at it because it hurts my heart to have to get onto my kids, I do it but it breaks my heart.  

TheJerseyGirl
by on May. 15, 2012 at 9:39 AM

Me definately! Im better at everything, silly girl!LOL!

KaylaMillar
by on May. 15, 2012 at 11:09 AM
If he's home he does. If not I'll do it
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mom2fivekids579
by on May. 16, 2012 at 10:08 AM

me dad is a big teddy bear and always gives in

AshleyMarie88
by New Member on May. 16, 2012 at 10:18 AM

I have to play "bad cop" in my house!!! Even with his kids. He is terrible with follow through and he negotiates with them!!! Not how I do things!

For example, one weekend his son was whining about not wanting to eat his food even though there wasnt much on his plate. DF sat there and argued with SS for 10min saying "if you don't hurry up and eat something you're going to bed!!" SS would whine and scream and still not eat. DF would use the same threat again and still do nothing. I got up, removed SS's plate, picked him up without saying a word and put him in his bed! If I had left it up to DF they would have sat there all night getting on my nerves!! He has no spine!!!

lil_mama8865
by New Member on May. 17, 2012 at 2:46 PM

Both of us, but I think he is better at it! 

Trae36
by New Member on May. 17, 2012 at 3:10 PM

We both do although DH normally only has to address the issue once where as I address it multiple times and the situation ends up escalated. Then once they know they have pressed their luck they always say calm down mom it's not that serious. I ask them all the time why they make it harder than it has to be. Did I mention that I'm raising four daughters, three of which are teenagers, lol

Roo1234
by Member on May. 17, 2012 at 3:12 PM

Whomever is present at the time of the problem.

It is silly and divisive to relationships tell a child "wait until your other parent gets home":  The child only learns to fear one parent, walk all over the other one, and forget why s/he was in trouble in the first place.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)