Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Who Handles the Discipline in your House?

Posted by   + Show Post

You or hubby?  Who is better at it?

by on May. 14, 2012 at 4:42 PM
Replies (31-35):
angieluvsolivia
by Angie on Sep. 21, 2013 at 2:22 PM

We both do but, I am don't work outside the home so, it's usually me.  I'm better at it because I know what works for each kid.  Dh sees discipline as one way across the board, that at least in my house doesn't work.

proudmommy690
by on Sep. 21, 2013 at 4:08 PM
We both do
madipayt
by on Sep. 21, 2013 at 7:14 PM
We both do bc we are both their parents. If he's with them-him and vice versa. If its a school thing, we'll discuss it then talk to the girls about it. My girls are not afraid of either one of us. I however just gave to give a look. Lol
sara_7106
by Bronze Member on Sep. 21, 2013 at 8:42 PM
Both but I'm better
earthangel1967
by on Sep. 21, 2013 at 9:44 PM

We are a united team and back eachother up and talk in private  about anything we dont see eye to eye on until we quietly reach a compromise or agreement THEN present our decision to the  kids. They always knew they couldnt divide us on such things.

I did more of it bc he worked a lot of hours and I was a full time sahm. ALso I literally studied a lot of positive  discipline and positive reinforcement methods and took courses and read books and all kinds of things so knew a lot more. Todd was more old school. Todd was stricter by nature and I was more liberal and open but he saw the good results I got so supported  my methods over how he would have done it had I not been there. If the kids complained about their consequences he was sure to let them know honestly what HE wanted their consequences to be and that they only got what they got thanks to me so they should count their lucky stars, that usually hushed them up. lol

YVONNE

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN