Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Girls and Self Esteem

Posted by on Jun. 25, 2012 at 10:28 AM
  • 56 Replies

Hi ladies,
Did you have high self esteem as a young girl?
If you could give young girls advice about reaching their full potential, what would it be?

girl giving flower

by on Jun. 25, 2012 at 10:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mandapanda21
by New Member on Jun. 25, 2012 at 1:15 PM
1 mom liked this

Growing up, I had VERY low self esteem.  Lets just say my dad was a complete jerk.  I married the man of my dreams, my hero almost 5 years ago and I feel a lot better about myself.  He tells me I'm beautiful all the time, it just feels good to hear it.

mandapanda21
by New Member on Jun. 25, 2012 at 1:16 PM

My daughter is only 16 months old, I joined this group to learn how to build her self confidence as she grows.  I'm nervous because I have had self esteem issues for a long time.

jerzeetomato
by Bronze Member on Jun. 25, 2012 at 2:26 PM

I was pretty low on the self-esteem scale, and still struggle with that at times today.  I always try to make sure my DD knows she is loved, supported and cherished, and that she has alot to offer.  Right now she is struggling and this makes me sad. 

kgmmw
by Member on Jun. 25, 2012 at 3:48 PM

I had very low self esteem when I was growing up. I was always picked on at school so I was always very self conscious about how I looked. When I met my husband that all changed and I am now more confident about myself. I have taught my daughter to never take what people say negative about her to heart. I told her that there are mean people out there and that she is beautiful no matter what and that I will always love her for who she is. 

NADIA-R
by on Jun. 25, 2012 at 7:51 PM
2 moms liked this
I didn't have much until my stepdad told me once is not about the clothes you wear or the nice shoes or the cool haircut its all about the attitude. So from that day on I used to put on any outfit with a winner attitude I used to get many compliments on how I looked.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TheJerseyGirl
by on Jun. 26, 2012 at 6:19 AM

I had terrible self esteem growing up...I still do sometimes. I'm not sure where it comes from and I hate not feeling as confident as I should be! But it's made me a better mom in that respect, since I know the value of feeling good about yourself!

carolina_gal
by New Member on Jun. 26, 2012 at 8:42 AM

I had very low self esteem as a child. I was a bit overweight and we moved around a lot so it was hard to make friends.  As a young adult I blossomed and became much more confident.

JeannetteG
by Member on Jun. 26, 2012 at 9:09 AM

I had good self esteem someday and bad others. I guess if I had to say whether or not I had none or if I had good self esteem. I would say it was pretty ok.

gacgbaker
by Member on Jun. 26, 2012 at 9:09 AM
1 mom liked this

I didn't have much growing up, I think it's important to seek out where your real value is, not in the number of friends, or looks, or any of those things that can change- you were created to be just how you are, and there is no one else exactly like you and that is really cool and a good thing.  :)

captainjack
by Member on Jun. 26, 2012 at 9:37 AM
1 mom liked this

I had really bad self-esteem growing up, and sometimes I still have it.  I tell my daughter to be positive and give her lots of positive feed back to her and tell her not to worry about other people and there negative thoughts

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN