Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

UPDATED WITH VIDEO: How do you help your daughter reach her full potential?

Posted by   + Show Post

As part of the CafeMom Influencer Program for Dove, we asked moms of girls 8-18 to spend some quality time together doing fun mom-daughter activities.*

Check out some of the great footage of our influencer moms and their daughters.

Then, read what our moms are saying about their experiences and tell us what you're doing to help your daughter reach her full potential.

*For a full list of the activities and to learn more about sparking positive discussion, click here.

CafeMom gives moms an opportunity to try our advertisers' products. In return, we ask our moms to share their true experiences and honest opinions. To learn how you can be an influencer, click here.

by on May. 21, 2012 at 1:00 PM
Replies (11-20):
hayliedlr
by New Member on May. 29, 2012 at 7:00 PM
1 mom liked this

I have 3 daughters ages 12, 10 and 7(although my 7 yr old is too young for this project I still included her) lol I hope that's ok

Anyways My oldest dd has gone through some rough months this past year with bullying and she is self conscious about her looks because of it I still make her take a stand and stand out.  To believe in herself and she has came out strong with her head held high.

My middle dd has gone through a rough few months as well, she has had to take a stand against her attacker and she wants to be a spokes person to make everyone stronger to stand up and to not be afraid.

my middle daughter has her inner demon and we are working on it to build a bigger and better person.

We as a family stand strong and connected and and do many activities together.  We don't do anything extraordinary but just going for a walk and talking.  We talk about school, friends, school activities even their hopes and ambitions. 

over the weekend we had our cook out and just enjoyed the nice weather.  We tend to have movie fridays once a mth and watch movies and eat junk lol.  we enjoy spending time together.  My hopes for my girls is that they become strong willed, dependant young ladies.  I feel we have an excellent relationship although hard to spend one on one time with each child (I also have a 3 yr old son) I make the best of it as each day comes.

munchkin79
by on May. 29, 2012 at 7:11 PM
1 mom liked this
My daughter is 11, she is my oldest. For our activity we filmed each other having a dart gun fight, doing a little softball practice, took a walk to the park just the two of us which doesn't happen very often and we told each other things we liked about the other person and things we liked about ourselves.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MissyB1011
by on May. 30, 2012 at 12:23 PM
1 mom liked this

My daughter and I spent a girls afternoon together. We talked about everything that has gone on this past year and made plans for things to do this summer. We painted our toe and finger nails. We did some shopping to stock up on crafts and games for summer break then hit the park on the way home. DH and DS cooked out, so we enjoyed a family dinner on the patio.

DD and I got a chance to really talk about everything that has happened and how to cope. She still had questions about my Mom's breast cancer and why I had to get a mammogram if I'm not sick. She had questions about what we were going to do since DH didn't get the job he was after. We talked about plans for remodeling the house as opposed to moving. It was great to see her open up!

MZ.B777
by Bobbi on May. 31, 2012 at 9:28 AM
1 mom liked this

My daughter Taylor is 16 she is the most amazing daughter I could have ever had. I am so proud of her I've told her it is like she has been here before.(She has an old soul!) She is a awesome student, she volunteers at our church's pantry and we didn't even have to ask her. Ever since I had her it has been a wonderful bond. We have done mother -daughter things all the time and we love doing them together. We did several activities this week we went rollerskating wed. evening we had an incredible time we both love dancing and we both have a love for music. Taylor has been skating since she was able to walk she is really good at it.She like to help the little kids with skating and build theirconfidence. then Monday we did the mani/pedi thing we love this it really gives us time to talk and bond she is a lovely teen and she never gives me any trouble so I do not mind rewarding her from time to time. She is off to college in two years she wants to become a forensic scientist and she loves that type of stuff so I am sure she will excel in that field. All in all like I said she is a great young lady her mentor I would have to say is her mentor is her sixth grade tescher Ms. Clark she began to guide Taylor toward her career choice back then and she still checks on Taylor all the time.

new.identity
by Leila on May. 31, 2012 at 10:56 AM
1 mom liked this

I have two daughters, Alexia and Noelle. Noelle is only 4 months, so I excluded her from this project but definitely plan on doing this with her one day. Alexia Tiara is 13 years old and our connection has been deteriorating lately. We have both been through some rough patches and are working hard to re-establish our bond. Needless to say she is at that age where her looks matter a whole to her. I tried my best to always make her feel as beautiful as she is. Unfortunately my own self-esteem has affected her. I'm working on becoming a better role-model; she is my biggest help in looking at myself in a different light.

Today we went back and forth telling each other only positive things and we interviewed each other. I learned that Alexia feels her best when she dresses up and spends time on her hair and makeup. I prefer that she didn't wear makeup as she is very beautiful naturally. She doesn't like to hear me say that I don't like the way I look, so I am making a conscious effort to no longer put myself down in front of her. I would love to come to saying and viewing myself more confidently, so I plan on being more proactive in my exercise routine and eating healthy. Alexia volunteered to join me, which makes me feel great. I love having her at my side through rough and good times. She will give me the much needed motivation and I feel that I would be showing her how you can always do things the healthy way. As a treat to our hard work we will get makeovers the week before school begins. We have both learned that we feel like plain janes, lol.  Above all, I learned that she wants to be a good role model to her baby sister. I am a proud mother.

Thank you so much for this opportunity. We needed to break the ice and this project helped us do that. 

Madelaine
by Bronze Member on Jun. 1, 2012 at 10:55 AM

These are awesome stories!

lalasmama2007
by on Jun. 1, 2012 at 11:04 AM
Enjoying this post!
countrygirlkat
by Member on Jun. 1, 2012 at 11:07 AM

I love reading about all the activities everybody did with their daughters!  I don't really think it matters what activitiy you do, what matters is that you do it together and that you have the opportunity to listen to what they want to say and to grow closer.  If they feel they can talk to you during the easy times they are more likely to come to you during the hard times!

dusky_rose
by Sue on Jun. 1, 2012 at 11:17 AM

What an awesome influencer! It makes me think of my youngest dd (17) and her desire to go to college when she graduates and learning about scholarships. I hope I gave her some good advice about that.

I'm thankful for a hubby that loves me, 4 healthy children, a warm
place to sleep and enough food for our meals... God bless America!

Bob192
by Member on Jun. 1, 2012 at 12:02 PM

I love posts like this!!  I enjoyed reading what everyone posted!!  We have several children and my oldest daughter loves to go out by herself with both her dad and I.  When we are running errands we will take her with us and she just loves having time to talk to us without having to fight for our attention.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)