Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

UPDATED WITH VIDEO: How do you help your daughter reach her full potential?

Posted by   + Show Post

As part of the CafeMom Influencer Program for Dove, we asked moms of girls 8-18 to spend some quality time together doing fun mom-daughter activities.*

Check out some of the great footage of our influencer moms and their daughters.

Then, read what our moms are saying about their experiences and tell us what you're doing to help your daughter reach her full potential.

*For a full list of the activities and to learn more about sparking positive discussion, click here.

CafeMom gives moms an opportunity to try our advertisers' products. In return, we ask our moms to share their true experiences and honest opinions. To learn how you can be an influencer, click here.

by on May. 21, 2012 at 1:00 PM
Replies (41-50):
Bmat
by Member on Jun. 4, 2012 at 8:18 AM

Impress upon her the importance of getting an education and job training.

mallowcup17
by Member on Jun. 4, 2012 at 4:28 PM

i have two girls. we encourage them to always do their best and they also are taught to understand that they wont always be the best or first place which i believe is a very powerful and important lesson. my oldest has learned this already through soccer and other competitive activities. we also will support them in any way we can to allow them to reach their goals

Cher53
by on Jun. 4, 2012 at 7:50 PM

Briana sounds like a wonderful child good job Mom.....

Quoting 2and2onway:

My daughter, Briana, is almost 11. She is the most amazing young lady. She is my heart and soul. We do so much together, but her favorite thing to do is go grocery shopping, just the two of us. I make it very special since we only grocery shop once a month. I take her out to breakfast at the local pancake house and then we ride to the city to shop. It takes about 2 hrs. During that time we talk, joke and have a great time. It may not seem like much, but for my dd it is special.

MamaBear2cubs
by Nikki on Jun. 4, 2012 at 9:40 PM

I love all these stories!

suziejax
by on Jun. 5, 2012 at 12:30 AM

This looks wonderful!

Mrs.Pool2Be
by on Jun. 5, 2012 at 5:24 AM

I always tell her that as long as she does her best at everything she does in life that I will always be proud of her.  She is the greatest DD a Mom could ever ask for and I am so proud that I get to call her mine.

.Angelica.
by on Jun. 5, 2012 at 1:25 PM

my daughter is only 5 months but i love these ideas!

Concerned101
by on Jun. 5, 2012 at 3:11 PM

My daughters are 35 and 31 now, and from the day they were born, I was determined not to bombard them with the idea that, throughout life, they would be nothing without a man. I grew up in the 1950s and 1960s when marriage was the primary goal or end of the line for women, and I found it so emotionally and professionally crippling. Of course, it's great to be in love and think marriage is in the stars, but what happens when Mr. Wonderful decides the young lady is not "Miss Right" for him? I encouraged my daughters to excell in areas where they had talent, and each had 15 years of dance and ten years of 4H to be trained for the fine arts and for the practical side of life. The older one now is a professor and is married with one child, while the other is single and a graphic designer. They have had their share of heartaches even a these young ages, but they are knowledgeable and confident enough to take care of themselves.

Samanthamommy
by Member on Jun. 5, 2012 at 5:10 PM

/wonderful

copperswifey
by Bronze Member on Jun. 6, 2012 at 10:50 AM

I loved reading all the stories! I got some great ideas to do with my own daughters from them. Thank you so much! :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)