Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

UPDATED WITH VIDEO: How do you help your daughter reach her full potential?

Posted by   + Show Post

As part of the CafeMom Influencer Program for Dove, we asked moms of girls 8-18 to spend some quality time together doing fun mom-daughter activities.*

Check out some of the great footage of our influencer moms and their daughters.

Then, read what our moms are saying about their experiences and tell us what you're doing to help your daughter reach her full potential.

*For a full list of the activities and to learn more about sparking positive discussion, click here.

CafeMom gives moms an opportunity to try our advertisers' products. In return, we ask our moms to share their true experiences and honest opinions. To learn how you can be an influencer, click here.

by on May. 21, 2012 at 1:00 PM
Replies (81-90):
Samanthamommy
by Member on Jun. 11, 2012 at 5:03 PM

Great advice!

Quoting mallowcup17:

this is great advice! my mom has done this for me too and i try to impart these values into my family too! 

Quoting elasmimi:

I allow her to experience new things as often as possible, without forcing her into anything. My main problem is she gives up too quickly, and seems to feel if she can't do something right the first time that she just can't do it. It's a thin line to walk between pushing too hard and letting her give up too easily.

LuLuRex
by Member on Jun. 11, 2012 at 5:19 PM

My daughter is only a baby but I want to help her grow into a strong and confident woman!

bamababe1975
by on Jun. 11, 2012 at 6:44 PM

My girls are 11 and 12 and we talk every day about all sorts of things. I've helped them figure out how to make new friends, how to deal with bullies, how to study harder to make the grade, how to deal with their changing bodies, and so much more. And always it's just through conversations that begin while we're on the road to or from the market or school, or while we're in the kitchen making dinner, or in the living room folding laundry... doing those sorts of things together, they're more open to talking about things and speaking their minds and hearts.

bamababe1975
by on Jun. 11, 2012 at 6:46 PM

I think moments like that are very special and count for so very much in their lives. When I think back to the times I think of as being important or valuable with my mother, they're always little moments like that. :)

Quoting 2and2onway:

My daughter, Briana, is almost 11. She is the most amazing young lady. She is my heart and soul. We do so much together, but her favorite thing to do is go grocery shopping, just the two of us. I make it very special since we only grocery shop once a month. I take her out to breakfast at the local pancake house and then we ride to the city to shop. It takes about 2 hrs. During that time we talk, joke and have a great time. It may not seem like much, but for my dd it is special.

bamababe1975
by on Jun. 11, 2012 at 6:46 PM

That sounds like so much fun! I think that we girls will do that before they start school again this year. It would be a blast! :)

Quoting chris13:

my sisters, my sister-in -law, my girls and i went and did pedicures together. just hung out together, gossiped, and just generally had a girls evening out.  

mallowcup17
by Member on Jun. 11, 2012 at 9:39 PM

this is awesome!

Quoting gacgbaker:

I think the biggest thing we can do is appreciate them for who they are- my oldest daughter is completely opposite of my personality- so I really have to focus on appreciating her perspective and letting her know that I do.  She really excels when she knows it's ok to just be her.  

babyboxfish
by Member on Jun. 11, 2012 at 11:20 PM

Cute videos!!

alliesmom112
by Sandy on Jun. 11, 2012 at 11:26 PM

what great stories.

tayanddyl
by New Member on Jun. 12, 2012 at 1:55 AM
I love spending quality time with my girls (ages 4 and 9) we do a lot of baking together and I allow them to measure. They love helping out.
MamaBear2cubs
by Nikki on Jun. 12, 2012 at 9:13 AM

I was not picked for the influencer but I did get to spend the whole day just me and my 2 year old DD. I think it was as much for her as it was for me.We spent the day at the pool.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN