Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

UPDATED WITH VIDEO: How do you help your daughter reach her full potential?

Posted by   + Show Post

As part of the CafeMom Influencer Program for Dove, we asked moms of girls 8-18 to spend some quality time together doing fun mom-daughter activities.*

Check out some of the great footage of our influencer moms and their daughters.

Then, read what our moms are saying about their experiences and tell us what you're doing to help your daughter reach her full potential.

*For a full list of the activities and to learn more about sparking positive discussion, click here.

CafeMom gives moms an opportunity to try our advertisers' products. In return, we ask our moms to share their true experiences and honest opinions. To learn how you can be an influencer, click here.

by on May. 21, 2012 at 1:00 PM
Replies (91-100):
funhappymom
by on Jun. 12, 2012 at 9:42 AM

Great stories ladies. Thank you for taking the time to share.

MamaBear2cubs
by Nikki on Jun. 13, 2012 at 10:10 AM

Awesome!

Quoting Bmat:

I encourage her to not avoid activities because of gender bias.

countrygirlkat
by Member on Jun. 13, 2012 at 3:35 PM

Quoting bamababe1975:

My girls are 11 and 12 and we talk every day about all sorts of things. I've helped them figure out how to make new friends, how to deal with bullies, how to study harder to make the grade, how to deal with their changing bodies, and so much more. And always it's just through conversations that begin while we're on the road to or from the market or school, or while we're in the kitchen making dinner, or in the living room folding laundry... doing those sorts of things together, they're more open to talking about things and speaking their minds and hearts.

I completely agree that kids are more likely to open up and talk about things when there is no pressure and they are just hanging out.  That is when they tend to start talking I think.  I feel that makes it even more important to spend a lot of time just hanging out with them and let things happen from there. 

Cafe Steph
by on Jun. 14, 2012 at 9:11 AM

What a great video! It's so nice to see some of the many loving moms we have on the site enjoying themselves and sharing with their kids. :)

MamaBear2cubs
by Nikki on Jun. 14, 2012 at 10:15 AM

I love the video!!!! How wonderful!

KristinRox
by Member on Jun. 14, 2012 at 12:55 PM

What an awesome video. I love that the moms and daughters alike shared what they loved about each other. 

I constantly tell my girls how beautiful, intelligent, funny, independent and talented they are. 

KristinRox
by Member on Jun. 14, 2012 at 12:57 PM

I very much agree. When they are just hanging out and youre talking is when they tell you the most. 

Quoting countrygirlkat:

Quoting bamababe1975:

My girls are 11 and 12 and we talk every day about all sorts of things. I've helped them figure out how to make new friends, how to deal with bullies, how to study harder to make the grade, how to deal with their changing bodies, and so much more. And always it's just through conversations that begin while we're on the road to or from the market or school, or while we're in the kitchen making dinner, or in the living room folding laundry... doing those sorts of things together, they're more open to talking about things and speaking their minds and hearts.

I completely agree that kids are more likely to open up and talk about things when there is no pressure and they are just hanging out.  That is when they tend to start talking I think.  I feel that makes it even more important to spend a lot of time just hanging out with them and let things happen from there. 

JOIN US ON:

dusky_rose
by Sue on Jun. 14, 2012 at 4:50 PM

What an awesome video, thanks to all the moms that participated! This made me tear up a little.

Kmakksmom
by on Jun. 14, 2012 at 7:30 PM

That's a wonderful video!  Thank you for sharing.

Kmakksmom
by on Jun. 14, 2012 at 7:32 PM

Yes I did, lol.

Quoting TheBabyFactory4:

Finally got that boy. LOL

I love talking to my girls. They are are 8 and almost 7

Quoting Kmakksmom:

I have four girls, ages 12 *will be 13 on Sunday!*, 11, 10, and 9.  My son is 3.  I'm just here for them whenever they need someone to talk to.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN