Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My Daughter is a girly girl

Posted by   + Show Post

And I didnt make her that way LOL. Ok yes I am guilty of loving the pinks and purples for her when she was a tiny thing, but as she got older I added more color in where ever I could. She liked to help pick her clothes ever since she could sit up and look at stuff, and now as a toddler she likes to pick her own clothes, and does a good job at it. When we are shopping, she likes Pink, she also loves dresses and shoes. And she is sweet, hugging and kissing her dollys and animals. I love that she is all girl, but I also love the fact that she will play with boys toys as well, and I let her. she likes cars, she likes balls and loves to run and play with her bigger brothers.

what kind of girl is your Daughter?

by on May. 25, 2012 at 11:31 AM
Replies (11-19):
jerzeetomato
by Bronze Member on May. 26, 2012 at 10:42 PM

My girl was much the same as yours when she was a toddler.  Loved her dresses and pretty shoes, yet never missed an opportunity to play in the dirt with her older brother.  Now at 14, she is the perfect mix of girly tomboy.  

ceciliam
by on May. 27, 2012 at 9:42 AM

Cute!

shimmifairy
by New Member on May. 27, 2012 at 9:50 AM

My daughter is 13 and still a princess,and has been of the hippie/boho stlye with the tie dye and long broom stick skirts..... but she is leaning more toward goth lately and she dearly loves the character of Abby on NCIS....Whose style I adore :)  I'm so anxiously awaiting the chance to get her the girly goth stlyles that Abby wears and she so likes....I never got to indulge my own goth period because my mother wouldn't allow it ( she raised me to be a little debutaunt (sp?) even though we weren't rich at all and goth didn't fit into that *sigh*)

So, do you have any good shopping places that aren't Hot Topic or any sites that have fashions that I might get ideas from to make myself for her?

Quoting MamaMandee:

My oldest is goth (ish) these days at 13 but my 4yr old is a total princess! 

KaylaMillar
by on May. 27, 2012 at 12:18 PM
She can be very girly but a huge tom boy at times too
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaMandee
by Mandee on May. 27, 2012 at 4:43 PM
We live in the middle of no where in the midwest so there is not a ton of options. She wears a lot of black but uses a lot of accessories to play up the outfits.

Quoting shimmifairy:

My daughter is 13 and still a princess,and has been of the hippie/boho stlye with the tie dye and long broom stick skirts..... but she is leaning more toward goth lately and she dearly loves the character of Abby on NCIS....Whose style I adore :)  I'm so anxiously awaiting the chance to get her the girly goth stlyles that Abby wears and she so likes....I never got to indulge my own goth period because my mother wouldn't allow it ( she raised me to be a little debutaunt (sp?) even though we weren't rich at all and goth didn't fit into that *sigh*)

So, do you have any good shopping places that aren't Hot Topic or any sites that have fashions that I might get ideas from to make myself for her?

Quoting MamaMandee:

My oldest is goth (ish) these days at 13 but my 4yr old is a total princess! 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mamivon2
by on May. 27, 2012 at 10:13 PM

a tomboy who loves to wear dresses

Mrs.Pool2Be
by on May. 28, 2012 at 6:28 AM

She is definitely just like her Momma and we are totally not girly girls.  She does love pink but we just can't be bothered with getting our nails done, frills and lace or make-up.  I would say she's a tomgirl.  :-)  That would be 3/4 tomboy and 1/4 girly.  LOL

Leelee1008
by Member on May. 28, 2012 at 1:44 PM

lol I love hearing all these, keep them comming.

KristinRox
by Member on May. 28, 2012 at 9:11 PM

Both of my girls are girly girls. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN