Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My daughter has never been a girly girl...it used to make me kinda sad but it's turned her into this fierce, strong, independent teenager. She always had a strong personality and did things HER way...never wanted the dolls or bows in her hair.

One of her best friends has been a girly girl since preschool and still is. Not only is she not involved in any sports (which is perfectly fine!!!) but when they are otgether, she never wants to get her hands dirty..literally....All she wants to do is paint her fingernails and straighten her hair. LOL!

I notice the last couple of years, my daughter has gravitated to her other best friend more. They are so much alike and completely into every sport and every activity school has to offer. They love anything outdoors and are so social. What I love is that they aren't "fussy"...they can put their hair in a ponytail and head on out in a minute's notice instead of fussing about themselves and running late.

It's just that I never thought she would prefer this one friend over the other. I  LOVE both girls but in a way it's sad to see one strong friendship wither away that's been so good for so long.

Do you like your daughter's friends? Are they like her?

Myspace Comments       autism bright colors heart picture and wallpaper

by on May. 31, 2012 at 4:28 AM
Replies (21-23):
Kainalu55
by Malia on Aug. 6, 2012 at 9:39 PM

My dd is 5, so she doesn't have a really close friend yet

SweetLuci
by Bronze Member on Aug. 6, 2012 at 9:56 PM

It is hard raising preteen girls.

Quoting MaddieBsMommy:

I love most of my daughters friends, one in particular (of course the one she calls her "bestie") I'm not so fond of.....the girl is nice enough, but is an underlying trouble maker, meaning she looks good on the surface, and to your face, but loves drama....the others I love dearly, and have a similar experience with my DD's oldest bestie, they've been together since DD was 6 weeks old and have also grown apart because they are different personalities....DD's friend loves horses and animals, and DD can take em or leave em....the friend is obsessed with them and gripes DD's nerves with the constant conversation of horses. They just have much different interests and it is sad to see such a good friendship kinda die out, I try my best to keep them together because like I tell her all the time, this girl is gonna be the one who sticks by you when the going gets tough, not the drama queen....raising girls is hard, especially preteens, lol....

4kidz916
by Bronze Member on Aug. 7, 2012 at 6:08 PM

My kids have all had a friend at one time or another that I didn't care for.  I do like most of them though. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN