Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

"Moms Who Should Be Famous" Feature - Meet birdiemom

Posted by on May. 31, 2012 at 12:39 PM
  • 12 Replies

We asked CafeMom's birdiemom to tell us a bit about herself and her daughter. Here is what she had to say:

It's a bird, it's a plane.... No, it's just mom.

I think all moms (well most moms) are superheroes by just being themselves. I mean we have so much unconditional love and our children look up to us. It's important to be a good role model mostly by being yourself and being genuine.

My daughter is 12 years old and in 6th grade. I think this is a tough age; she's looking to be more independent, but still needs structure, rules, and supervision. We have a relationship that helps her with her needs. We can chat about boys, clothes, her problems openly, but she still understands that I'm the adult and I try to do what's best for her. My daughter has a great role model in her step-mother too; she's a smart, fun, hard-working, fashionable, beautiful woman who is deeply devoted to her friends and family.

I feel like I'm just a regular mom and a good person. I try to be as environmentally conscious as possible. We grow our own vegetables, we have a compost pile, we recycle, I breastfeed and cloth diaper my youngest (I just started cloth diapering) just to name a few. Not only do these things help our family save money, but I'm trying to help the planet (a little at a time) for future generations.

Everyday I wake up for my family. I love morning hugs and afternoon chats about the day. My daughter always has something funny that happens and I enjoy hearing her animated stories when she gets home from school. She's such a free spirit, and creative, it's so refreshing after being at work all day.

When I think of my role models, my dad and grandmother stick out. My dad is the nicest most genuine person you'll ever meet. He instilled in me a love for everything nature. We would go camping and "take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints." I look up to my grandmother because of the pure love and devotion she had for her family.  

How can you relate to birdiemom's story?

by on May. 31, 2012 at 12:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Leeshamak
by on Jun. 2, 2012 at 8:36 AM

I really enjoyed hearing about your story birdiemom! I also started cloth diapering and breastfed all of my kids~ its so nice to find another mom like me:) Thank you so much for sharing!

MamaBear2cubs
by Nikki on Jun. 2, 2012 at 12:01 PM

You sound like me lol. Great story.I really enjoyed reading about your family!

KaylaMillar
by on Jun. 2, 2012 at 12:04 PM
I really enjoyed reading this!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bhwrn1
by on Jun. 2, 2012 at 8:59 PM

Great story!

jen113000
by on Jun. 4, 2012 at 9:33 AM

Very nice!!!

LMJ1
by Lluvia on Jun. 4, 2012 at 10:31 AM
I love that you're green!! Being green is something that I want to instill in my daughter as well.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
birdiemom
by on Jun. 4, 2012 at 1:05 PM

Hi ladies!

I just found my story, LOL!

Thank you for your kind words

thank you

jerzeetomato
by Bronze Member on Jun. 4, 2012 at 2:08 PM

So nice to get to know more about you!  We also grow a lot of our own vegetables, and I appreciate your dad's philosphy about taking care of Mother Earth.  Environmental awareness is so important.  plant a tree

4kidz916
by Bronze Member on Jul. 21, 2012 at 9:06 AM

Nice story.  I enjoyed reading it. 

kurtkamkaitsmom
by Kerry on Jul. 21, 2012 at 10:30 AM

very nice:O)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN