Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

"Moms Who Should Be Famous" Feature - Meet Rushn311

Posted by on May. 31, 2012 at 2:50 PM
  • 20 Replies
1 mom liked this

We asked CafeMom's Rushn311 to tell us a bit about herself and her daughter. Here is what she had to say:

Hi, my name is Cindy. I am a momma to two children, Caitlin who is 9 and Conner who is 4.

My daughter has a  huge heart and will try to help those in need if she can. Her and I recycle together, she's raked leaves, pulled weeds in our yard, and collected sticks before hubby mows the lawn.  She's in Girls Scouts and I know they raised money for the Equestrian center near us, and made cards for the troops.

My kids keep me going everyday. No matter how much in a day they drive me bananas, I still adore them and want to see them learn, love, laugh and just enjoy life. Trying to see the world through their eyes is just amazing. It's definitely rewarding too, getting all those art work pages you just don't know where to put, hugs, kisses and just simple smiles and thank yous.

I would say my Dad is/was my role model. He was born in Germany; when WW2 started. Knowing what and how he grew up, it just has taught me to be appreciative of the things I have. I loved hearing his stories and now I pass them on to my kids since my Dad is no longer here with me. He taught me to enjoy life to the fullest as well as that and the world had a lot to offer.

My daughter is 9 and her role model is her Opa. She says she wants to be a soccer player just like he was.

How can you relate to rushn311's story?

by on May. 31, 2012 at 2:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KaylaMillar
by on May. 31, 2012 at 8:11 PM
Loved reading this :-)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Cafe AmyB
by Head Admin on Jun. 1, 2012 at 9:00 AM

It's great to know you better, Cindy.

simple smile

jen113000
by on Jun. 1, 2012 at 10:19 AM

Very nice!!

ceciliam
by on Jun. 1, 2012 at 11:20 AM

Thanks for sharing!

gacgbaker
by Member on Jun. 1, 2012 at 12:48 PM

Sounds like you have some great kids!

LMJ1
by Lluvia on Jun. 1, 2012 at 1:02 PM
Yay!! I love to read about people who recycle. Recycling is very important in my household!!

Another great mom!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
amonkeymom
by Amy on Jun. 1, 2012 at 2:55 PM

It's so nice to get to know other CMers better.  Thanks for sharing about yourself and your kids!

kirbymom
by Bronze Member on Jun. 1, 2012 at 3:42 PM

Its always a proud moment when your child looks up at you and says, mom, I want to be just like...and its someone close to you or you.  My 3 year old just said these words to me this morning as we woke up to the day shining through my bedroom window.  :)

TheJerseyGirl
by on Jun. 1, 2012 at 6:33 PM

It was so good to learn a little about you and your kids, Cindy!

kgmmw
by Member on Jun. 1, 2012 at 6:45 PM

Great story :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)