Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

"Moms Who Should Be Famous" Feature - Meet leeshamak

Posted by on May. 31, 2012 at 3:03 PM
  • 14 Replies

We asked CafeMom's leeshamak to tell us a bit about herself and her daughter. Here is what she had to say:

I think we are active in the community and let her put her unique spin on the activities we have her participate in. She loves her Brownie Troop and loves to learn more about her community through that. Plus, I make sure that she gets to involved in local community activities.  Activities such as parades, open air fairs and fundraisers, outdoor concerts, playground programs and swimming lessons. She is also in gymnastics and loves that! We have signed her up for cheer-leading for the fall and I hope that it will help to foster self confidence and the value of being part of a team. She sure is excited about it!

Seeing the joy and love of life in my childrens faces keeps me going everyday! Just seeing that zeal they have to never want to waste any moment of the day gets me going. They are determined to use up every second with fun! Its rarely boring around here! I also am very motivated by my creativity. I want to capture this special time in my kids lives by taking the best photos I can of these tender memories they are making. I also enjoy singing for my church~ I think that its important for my kids to see their mom enjoying her own passions so that they know they can do that too!

I had a very tough life growing up, and role models were hard to come by. But, i learned early on that wallowing in the muck of your problems and past wasn't going to help you move forward and live the life you've always truly wanted. One of my first youth group leaders helped me realize that. I still keep in touch with them all these years later.

I personally enjoyed doing the than you card activity.She said thank you for all the angry birds and puffles~ and how to work the tv~ and for always taking care of her. It was sweet! I will treasure my card from my daughter! It will be fun to pull that card out once she has her own daughters... it's a time capsule!

How can you relate to leeshamak's story?

by on May. 31, 2012 at 3:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Cafe Kate
by on Jun. 1, 2012 at 10:24 AM
1 mom liked this

Thanks for sharing! I love the part of letting kids see their mom enjoy her passions! It sounds like you're an amazing role model for your daughter!

ceciliam
by on Jun. 1, 2012 at 11:19 AM
1 mom liked this

Awesome! thanks for sharing! :)

jen113000
by on Jun. 1, 2012 at 11:21 AM
1 mom liked this

Very nice!!!

gacgbaker
by Member on Jun. 1, 2012 at 12:52 PM
1 mom liked this

That is a really sweet card!

LMJ1
by Lluvia on Jun. 1, 2012 at 12:58 PM
1 mom liked this
Very nice!! I agree, when children see the passion of their parents for something they love, it passes on to them in their own way!!

What a great mom!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
amonkeymom
by Amy on Jun. 1, 2012 at 2:57 PM
1 mom liked this

Taht's so cool that you're still in contact with the youth leaders that have helped you to overcome your past. 

Leeshamak
by on Jun. 1, 2012 at 5:08 PM

Quoting Cafe Kate:

Thanks for sharing! I love the part of letting kids see their mom enjoy her passions! It sounds like you're an amazing role model for your daughter!

Awww... Thanks for featuring me! I really appreciate it:) I do try to be a good role model~ I hope it helps her grow up to be a strong, confident woman;)

Leeshamak
by on Jun. 1, 2012 at 5:10 PM

Thank you so much:) It also gives Mom an outlet;) lol~

Quoting LMJ1:

Very nice!! I agree, when children see the passion of their parents for something they love, it passes on to them in their own way!!

What a great mom!

Leeshamak
by on Jun. 1, 2012 at 5:12 PM

They are older now, obviously;) but yes we do exchange christmas cards and have talked a few times on the phone~ they live on the other side of the country now!

Quoting amonkeymom:

Taht's so cool that you're still in contact with the youth leaders that have helped you to overcome your past. 

babyboxfish
by Member on Jun. 2, 2012 at 1:25 AM
1 mom liked this

thanks for sharing!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)