Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

"Moms Who Should Be Famous" Feature - Meet jerzeetomato

Posted by   + Show Post

We asked CafeMom's jerzeetomato to tell us a bit about herself and her daughter. Here is what she had to say:

My name is Melissa and I live in NJ.  My daughter, 14, is Mallory and she is turning out to be an awesome teenager.  She is kind, not into drama at all, hardworking, and according to her teachers, turning into a quiet leader, demonstrating good character and leading by example.  She is an excellent soccer player and aspires to play in college.  Mostly her role models are sports icons like Hope Solo, Abby Wambach and Christie Rampone of the US Women's National Soccer Team.  She puts very little stock into the comings and goings of singers or other celebreties.

I have encouraged DD to participate in community activities and volunteer whenever possible.  I'm a firm believer that one of the most generous and rewarding things you can do is give of your time.  She is a member of student government and the National Junior Honor Society, and they have monthly service projects that they work on.  In addition, she volunteers twice a month for the local animal shelter.

Pretty much the same thing as everyone else:  family, of course!  Having kids and starting a family changes everything about you and the way you live your life.  And a mom's job never stops!  My oldest just graduated HS last night.  Next stop:  college.  My role of motivator is far from over.

My role model is my best friend Lisa, who died 8 years ago at the age of 40 from breast cancer.  Her family moved in next door to us when our kids were toddlers.  All of her extended family lived in Pittsburgh.  I have very little extended family that provided any real support through those early years of motherhood, so we became "sisters" rapidly.  She was kind, conscientious, non-judgmental and filled with so much love and optimism.  She strived everyday to provide a good home for her family and raise her children into good little people.  I have tried to emulate that in her honor and memory, and whenever I am troubled or puzzled about something, I think to myself "what would Lisa tell you?"  I miss her everyday.

How can you relate to jerzeetomato's story?

by on May. 31, 2012 at 3:58 PM
Replies (21-23):
bhwrn1
by on Jun. 5, 2012 at 8:53 PM

I speak only the truth woman!!!

Quoting jerzeetomato:

they were happy tears - it was such a nice thing to say!!  

Quoting bhwrn1:

Not my intention, of course. But really, you are such a great mother and friend, it's an inspiration! Really, I only tell the truth!

Quoting jerzeetomato:

you just made me cry!!  kiss

Quoting bhwrn1:

Melissa, this is great.

BTW, have I told you that you are one of MY role models????

SweetLuci
by Bronze Member on Jul. 16, 2012 at 7:49 AM

Congratulations on being featured-you certainly are a mom who should be famous. You would be an inspiration to many.

Mrs.Andrews
by on Jul. 23, 2012 at 3:23 PM

Nice to meet you!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN