Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Make up :-)

Posted by on Jun. 4, 2012 at 11:56 PM
  • 11 Replies
At what age will you/ did you start letting your dd wear make up?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 4, 2012 at 11:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KaylaMillar
by on Jun. 4, 2012 at 11:57 PM
I'm thinking that I'll let her start using it a little bit at the age of 14. If its too much though I'll make her take it off
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TheJerseyGirl
by on Jun. 5, 2012 at 5:35 AM

Mine would wear it for something special at 14

NADIA-R
by on Jun. 5, 2012 at 1:17 PM
My DD was using chapstick with tint at 15 and the whole stuff at 16 she doesn't use much. Only at times she uses to much lipstick but she will learn .
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jerzeetomato
by Bronze Member on Jun. 5, 2012 at 1:43 PM

DD is just starting to really be interested.  She asked for some because like me, she is really fair and has naturally dark circles under her eyes (thin skin, like me).  Her first "real" dress up dance is this weekend, and two teenage girls are coming to help her with her make up.  I barely wear any, so I thought a little extra help from some girly girls was in order!

makeup

kgmmw
by Member on Jun. 5, 2012 at 1:48 PM

Maybe when shes 15 or 16 

karladiego
by New Member on Jun. 6, 2012 at 4:56 PM

My oldest SD started at 12 and nobody liked it, she was doing the whole smokey eyes thing and my hubby told her she looked like a racoon, she said her mother allowed it but I told her that she was wearing way too much makeup and that less is more, she understood what I was trying to say and she toned it down.

My second SD just turned 14 and she's not that interested in makeup, she would go for lip gloss but that's it and my youngest SD who's 11 loves makeup!! But she doesn't wear any yet, she's not allowed.

RainyRain
by on Jun. 16, 2012 at 10:58 PM

When she is in 8th grade or a freshman.

We will start with lip gloss and light eye liner.

Roo1234
by Member on Jun. 17, 2012 at 8:29 AM
She is currently 12 and had no desire to wear it.
Even as a child she didn't like to play with it the way other girls do. I once had another mom tell me that while at a group play date the girls were all pouring on make up and one offered to help Shayna and her response was "No thank you, I'm beautiful enough the way I am." The mother thought this was amazing and such striking confidence for a 5 yo that she just had to tell me.

New daughter does a lot of ballet productions with the local professional dance company and is sometimes required to wear make up for performances. I think those experiences make it seem more like a chore than something desirable.

Frankly, I have no intentions of restricting the starting age, just the how much, the how it is applied and the when and where she wears it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mstrendygirl
by on Jun. 17, 2012 at 2:35 PM

when she is probably about 15

kirbymom
by Bronze Member on Jun. 17, 2012 at 5:08 PM

My oldest, now 16, started when she was 14. She used a lot and had to learn to tone it down.  Now she knows that the less she uses and how to do the color schemes, she looks really pretty.  It took some time for her to understand this, but she does now.  Here is a pic of her. She's the one with the long hair.   

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)