Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Please God

Posted by on Jun. 5, 2012 at 4:30 AM
  • 7 Replies

Help me to help my daughters to NOT go through the things I've went through & are going through. How do you see to it that your daughters learn from your mistakes?

by on Jun. 5, 2012 at 4:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
TheJerseyGirl
by on Jun. 5, 2012 at 5:35 AM

I know where you are coming from! She's 15 and if i say no to something and she asks WHY? I'll say "I was 15 once too, ya know!!!"LOL

ceciliam
by on Jun. 5, 2012 at 10:24 AM

So true!

Quoting TheJerseyGirl:

I know where you are coming from! She's 15 and if i say no to something and she asks WHY? I'll say "I was 15 once too, ya know!!!"LOL

ceciliam
by on Jun. 5, 2012 at 10:25 AM

good

KaylaMillar
by on Jun. 5, 2012 at 10:37 AM
I know exactly where your coming from! I'm trying to be the best mother that I can be to set a great example for her.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jerzeetomato
by Bronze Member on Jun. 5, 2012 at 11:14 AM

I try to lead by example, and sometimes when you make a mistake, you have to own it and tell her "I did this, but it turned out to be the wrong choice, action, whatever, and I'm sorry."  

kgmmw
by Member on Jun. 5, 2012 at 12:29 PM

As a mom all you can do is set by example and talk to your daughter about whats right and whats wrong. They may listen and take your advice or they might go against you. I think we all learn from our mistakes and if she makes a mistake hopefully she will learn from it and do better next time.

NADIA-R
by on Jun. 5, 2012 at 1:15 PM
I was a teen mom at 15 my DD is 17 I never had to tell her don't get pregnant like I did . All I did was tell her how hard it was and all a sacrifice not like it was a big burden or mistake but like I could've done better.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN