Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Who were/are your role models?

Posted by on Jun. 5, 2012 at 11:23 AM
  • 32 Replies

Growing up, did you have a role model or somone you looked up to?  What made them be a role model for you?  As an adult do you have a role model?

butterfly

by on Jun. 5, 2012 at 11:23 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kgmmw
by Member on Jun. 5, 2012 at 12:27 PM

My mom was my role model. She was and still is a very strong person that has taught me to appreciate the little things in life. She also has shown my brother and sisters and I so much love. She still is my role model. 

karladiego
by New Member on Jun. 5, 2012 at 12:32 PM

My role model was my grandma, she was very old school but understood that raising me was going to be done in a different way, not like she did with my mom or aunts. She taught me how to be strong and how to be the best on everything I do.

queenbunny
by New Member on Jun. 5, 2012 at 1:10 PM

Mother Theresa was my role model. Although I decided not to become a nun, I wanted to give my life to others to follow her example.

As an adult, she is still my role model. Her journey and compassion were sincere and inspirational.

queenbunny
by New Member on Jun. 5, 2012 at 1:15 PM

BUMP!

mumsy2three
by on Jun. 5, 2012 at 2:22 PM

My mom is my role model and hero. She is an amazing woman who taught me to be confident, strong, and let nothing hold me back. I didn't see it like this when I was a teen but as I got older I saw what a wonderful influence my mom had on me.

jesusgirl76
by on Jun. 5, 2012 at 5:59 PM
1 mom liked this

I had no role models growing up. Now my role models are God and my daughters. I'm hoping I can be a great role model for them.

countrymomma81
by on Jun. 5, 2012 at 11:44 PM

My aunt was. Too bad I realized that she wasn't everything I made her out to be. It just seemed like she had everything I wanted, but I didn't realize what she had to deal with to get it. 

She lived in the country with horses and a huge barn. She was always dressed up in her cowgirl clothes, and she always had the coolest trucks. She has a husband that I adored and two beautiful kids. Her and her husband were always going out and I envied that.

Now I know that her husband cheated on her and beat her almost constantly. And the going out....that was her chasing him out of bars. They ended up getting divorced after their son died because her husband let his friend drink and drive with her son (well both of their kids, actually) in the bed of a pickup truck. They wrecked and he flew out. 

Her life doesn't seem so glamorous now:(

ceciliam
by on Jun. 6, 2012 at 10:06 AM

I really didn't have one as a kid and as an adult, I am my own role model:)

Lilysmommy1120
by New Member on Jun. 6, 2012 at 10:48 AM

My dad is my role model. I see a man who came from a family who had nothing. His dad walked out on the family and his mother died young. He turned into a wonderful family man. Always there for anyone.

KaylaMillar
by on Jun. 6, 2012 at 11:19 AM
Growing up I didn't really have one. Now I really look up to my mother on law. She's the best!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN