Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Just learning to love myself ....

Posted by   + Show Post

For obce in my life im im learning to love myself and put me frist and its so hard ....  But i have to stay strong and try ....   My name is Emma i live in canada ontario ....hugs

May god always be by your side   hugs   little flower

by on Jun. 8, 2012 at 6:15 AM
Replies (11-14):
SlightlyPerfect
by on Jun. 9, 2012 at 6:34 PM

Why is that difficult?

elizabeth703
by Member on Jun. 10, 2012 at 8:09 AM

It is difficult because im so use to careing for everyone else frist like my kids, family, friends...  Now being in counselling im learing its ok to put myself frist .....

Quoting SlightlyPerfect:

Why is that difficult?

NicholeShop
by New Member on Jun. 11, 2012 at 10:26 AM

hi ladies,

I've been a SAHM for about 13 years to 3 awesome kids.  My 12 year old daughter has just been diagnosed w/depression, anxiety & ODD (oppositional defiant disorder).  I feel that I have failed her that she has just been diagnosed now during a Study at OSU.  We always thought she was very strong-willed and has made our home life very strained all these years.  Then my husband said after I blew up at her that no wonder she is the way she is!  I also scrapped my van a couple times within a few months but it is my van that I paid for & to me its just a material thing, I have too many bigger things to worry about. (though hubby hope to sell within the next year or so so can get a newer one).  I have had bouts of depression myself.  Hubby has  alot of stress from his job that he hates, so think depression there to.  So I have pressure to find a Full time job now that my youngest will be going to school all day.  SInce I've been out of work for so long I don't feel confident to apply for jobs, though I do have a BS in Communications.  Going to school would not be an option.  Boy after I reread all this it looks like we're a mess.  And I haven't really told my family about my DD's issues as they have never been very supportive people and don't always visit when we're in town visiting & staying at in-laws.

elizabeth703
by Member on Jun. 12, 2012 at 7:41 AM

Im so sorry to hear tht you are stressed out , i know how you feel ....  Things will get better for you just have faith....  And also if u need anyone to talk to im hear for u .....hugs       praying

Quoting NicholeShop:

hi ladies,

I've been a SAHM for about 13 years to 3 awesome kids.  My 12 year old daughter has just been diagnosed w/depression, anxiety & ODD (oppositional defiant disorder).  I feel that I have failed her that she has just been diagnosed now during a Study at OSU.  We always thought she was very strong-willed and has made our home life very strained all these years.  Then my husband said after I blew up at her that no wonder she is the way she is!  I also scrapped my van a couple times within a few months but it is my van that I paid for & to me its just a material thing, I have too many bigger things to worry about. (though hubby hope to sell within the next year or so so can get a newer one).  I have had bouts of depression myself.  Hubby has  alot of stress from his job that he hates, so think depression there to.  So I have pressure to find a Full time job now that my youngest will be going to school all day.  SInce I've been out of work for so long I don't feel confident to apply for jobs, though I do have a BS in Communications.  Going to school would not be an option.  Boy after I reread all this it looks like we're a mess.  And I haven't really told my family about my DD's issues as they have never been very supportive people and don't always visit when we're in town visiting & staying at in-laws.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)