Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

5 year old being punked : (

Posted by on Jun. 10, 2012 at 4:36 PM
  • 7 Replies

My daughter recently turned 5 last month and is the kindest hearted child you can meet however others tend to punk her. Is there anyone who has dealt with this? How can I possibly teach my child more on the matter of having her gaurd up? I tell her everyday that she is beautiful and very smart. I also tell her if anyone ever tells her different its a lie. I have noticed that some kids from the moment they see my daughter they walk up to her and start going off by saying: she is stupid, her outfit is ugly, she is ugly and the list goes on. If this was you what would you say to your daughter?

by on Jun. 10, 2012 at 4:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
KaylaMillar
by on Jun. 10, 2012 at 6:13 PM
That's really tuff. I honestly don't know what I would do other than re assure her that she is beautiful
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ceciliam
by on Jun. 11, 2012 at 10:53 AM

Just continue to reassure her and help build her confidence.

kgmmw
by Member on Jun. 11, 2012 at 4:00 PM
I Agree

Quoting ceciliam:

Just continue to reassure her and help build her confidence.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Yessy24
by New Member on Jun. 12, 2012 at 12:22 PM

Thank you very much ladies : )

NADIA-R
by on Jun. 12, 2012 at 12:46 PM

Mm ususally kids that young only want to make friends. why do they bully her? my son was and is very shy and has been bullied constantly by other kids since preschool. so I had to go in there myself and take a look at what was going on. my son never asks to play with no one and had no idea on how to join in a game with other kids. so I had to go and ask for him at times if he could play once kids realize he was not alone and I was watching them they became friends and stoped bulling him. he now has 8 years old and has 2 good friends since kinder. I say keep a close watch and figure out why they are being mean so then you can figure out how you can help her out and stand up for herself.

TheJerseyGirl
by on Jun. 12, 2012 at 1:59 PM

Thats bullying and if its going on in school, you need to tell the principal, teacher, whoever! You tell her that there will always be ugly, jealous people in this world and they will amount to nothing with that atittude. vYou tell her to ignore them and keep her head up and be proud of who she is!

jerzeetomato
by Bronze Member on Jun. 13, 2012 at 11:38 AM

I like this advice.  You should continue to reassure her about being just right just the way she is, but you also need to make an observation personally as to what is going on and why.  If this is going on at school you definitely need to involve the teacher.

Quoting NADIA-R:

Mm ususally kids that young only want to make friends. why do they bully her? my son was and is very shy and has been bullied constantly by other kids since preschool. so I had to go in there myself and take a look at what was going on. my son never asks to play with no one and had no idea on how to join in a game with other kids. so I had to go and ask for him at times if he could play once kids realize he was not alone and I was watching them they became friends and stoped bulling him. he now has 8 years old and has 2 good friends since kinder. I say keep a close watch and figure out why they are being mean so then you can figure out how you can help her out and stand up for herself.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN