Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Who would you say is your greatest inspiration?

Posted by   + Show Post

Hi ladies,

Who would you say was your greatest inspiration as child? What about as an adult?

An author, an activist or a family member? Tell us all about your inspiration.

teacher  treadmill spinning globe

by on Jun. 12, 2012 at 9:48 AM
Replies (21-27):
KymberleeAnn
by on Jun. 18, 2012 at 5:06 AM

Various poets and stories that I read as a child, the hobbits was one book in particular that set my imagination on fire.

As and adult, I draw inspiration from nature I listen to the sounds and it inspires me, my children motivates and drives me and authors such as Emily Dickinson, Edgar Allen Poe, Hans Christian Anderson, these classic writers/poets are very inspiring to me.

pootersmomi
by New Member on Jun. 18, 2012 at 9:14 AM

That's awesome.

Quoting PoeticMoone:

Angelique Miste is my inspiration. This beautiful woman is my neice. She just graduated from Berkley and I am so proud of her. She has the richest most deepest soul and has trotted through life (at least thats how she made it look! ) and embraced it to the fullest...she is still embracing! She has done things I only dream of; traveled all around the world, drank with the Irish, has helped people and animals, graduated college! She is amazing! I remember when she was just a child playing kid stuff with my little sister. I want to be just like her when I grow up! happy

gacgbaker
by Member on Jun. 18, 2012 at 9:25 AM

Quoting NADIA-R:

I would have to say all of my aunts and grandmothers and my mom. I always used to look at how they raised their children and how they cared for their grandchildren.

Sounds like you had some great role models.  

gacgbaker
by Member on Jun. 18, 2012 at 9:26 AM

Quoting KaylaMillar:

As a child it was my aunt. She was a wonderful lady. Now it's my mother in law!

That is neat your MIL is an inspiration!

gacgbaker
by Member on Jun. 18, 2012 at 9:26 AM

Quoting ceciliam:

Nobody inspired me as a kid. As an adult, I find my husband to be very inspiring:)

good

mamaof2monsters
by New Member on Jun. 18, 2012 at 11:10 AM

My mother, Linda Hohl, is my greatest inspiration. She adopted me when I was three days old and is far better a mother then I am to my biological children. (Although I am a good mom) She had to put up with a child who always wondered why she wasn't wanted, until one day, she realized she was wanted more then anything else. Also my mom has bailed me out of all the life mistakes I've made. I hope one day I will be able to do the same for my kids. (Who hopefully will be better decision makers then I am)

Reina13
by Member on Jun. 18, 2012 at 12:05 PM

She sounds amazing.

Quoting Madelaine:

My mom for all of them.  She was the only female in her family to go to college and graduate, she was a teacher for more than 40 years before retiring and she is such a strong person and handles everything with such grace. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)