Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Any Readers in the Group?

Posted by on Jun. 12, 2012 at 3:46 PM
  • 34 Replies

What are your reading these days??  Does your daughter read, too?

by on Jun. 12, 2012 at 3:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KaylaMillar
by on Jun. 12, 2012 at 5:54 PM
I just downloaded a new book on my kindle. It's called sing you home. It's pretty good so far
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jmower
by Member on Jun. 12, 2012 at 7:12 PM

I am actually reading several books all at once ( may I suggest, not a good idea). But, I am reading "My so-called life as a  Proverb's 31 wife" by Sara Horn, " A confident Heart" by Renee Swope, "Bringing Up Girls" by James Dobson

I have 3 daughters, 11,9, and 4. My oldest is reading "a girl ater God's own heart, A tween adventure with Jesus"  by Elizabeth George

My 9 yr old is reading "Heaven is for Real: A little boy's astounding trip to Heaven and back" by Todd Burpo

My 4 yr old, just kind of looks at her Picture Bible,a nd I read to her out of it.

We actually went to the Dove Self Esteem Mission website and are starting on the activities there!

mumsy2three
by on Jun. 12, 2012 at 10:16 PM

I am an avid reader. My dd reads as well just not as much as I do.

jerzeetomato
by Bronze Member on Jun. 13, 2012 at 10:58 AM

I may have downloaded that one, too!  I'm not sure, I download so many freebies I lose track!

Quoting KaylaMillar:

I just downloaded a new book on my kindle. It's called sing you home. It's pretty good so far

jerzeetomato
by Bronze Member on Jun. 13, 2012 at 11:00 AM

I am a multi-book reader, too!  lol   I'm currently reading "A Good American" by George Alexander, "Under the Dome" by Stephen King (still!), and "Shark Girl" about Jane Arrowood, who lost her arm in a shark attack.  It is a bit daunting having that many books going at one time.

Quoting jmower:

I am actually reading several books all at once ( may I suggest, not a good idea). But, I am reading "My so-called life as a  Proverb's 31 wife" by Sara Horn, " A confident Heart" by Renee Swope, "Bringing Up Girls" by James Dobson

I have 3 daughters, 11,9, and 4. My oldest is reading "a girl ater God's own heart, A tween adventure with Jesus"  by Elizabeth George

My 9 yr old is reading "Heaven is for Real: A little boy's astounding trip to Heaven and back" by Todd Burpo

My 4 yr old, just kind of looks at her Picture Bible,a nd I read to her out of it.

We actually went to the Dove Self Esteem Mission website and are starting on the activities there!

jerzeetomato
by Bronze Member on Jun. 13, 2012 at 11:08 AM

Just got invited to a local women's reading group on FB!  yay!  Can't wait!

KaylaMillar
by on Jun. 13, 2012 at 11:11 AM
It's a Jodi poicult book. The same author that wrote my sisters keeper

Quoting jerzeetomato:

I may have downloaded that one, too!  I'm not sure, I download so many freebies I lose track!

Quoting KaylaMillar:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jerzeetomato
by Bronze Member on Jun. 13, 2012 at 11:22 AM

ah....I think I put that on my "to read" list on Goodreads!

Quoting KaylaMillar:

It's a Jodi poicult book. The same author that wrote my sisters keeper

Quoting jerzeetomato:

Quoting KaylaMillar:

Machelle669
by on Jun. 13, 2012 at 11:23 AM
bump

mummy1990
by on Jun. 13, 2012 at 11:24 AM

I am very picky. I LOVE to read, but it has to be a good book. I read the news and stuff too, but if I'm into a good book, I won't do anything else but read. If its not that good of a story, I read some of it, but then, I put it down if I get bored.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)