Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you let your daughters wear perfume or scented body spray?

Posted by on Jun. 15, 2012 at 12:00 PM
  • 21 Replies
My 9 year old has been bugging me to buy her Justin Beiber's perfume (ugh she's a huge fan :/ lol) Gosh I think I was like 15 before I started wearing perfumes.
Anyway I did tell her no on the perfume but I am considering going to bath and bodyworks so she can choose a scented body spray and lotion...
Is 9 too young?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 15, 2012 at 12:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jerzeetomato
by Bronze Member on Jun. 15, 2012 at 12:47 PM

Go get her some "smell good" as my DD used to call it.  She's been spraying and slathering lotion since she was about 8.  Just do the BBW run and let her pick out something light and summery - they have alot of what I consider "young" scents now.

ana326
by Member on Jun. 15, 2012 at 12:54 PM
Thanks for the advice :-)

Quoting jerzeetomato:

Go get her some "smell good" as my DD used to call it.  She's been spraying and slathering lotion since she was about 8.  Just do the BBW run and let her pick out something light and summery - they have alot of what I consider "young" scents now.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
inlalaland
by New Member on Jun. 15, 2012 at 1:53 PM
My girls are 6 and 7. We go to BBW every so often and they pick out lotions, body sprays (some w/ the shimmery glitter) AND they have awesome hand sanitizers and carrying cases that hooks onto their book bags.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
chris13
by Member on Jun. 15, 2012 at 2:00 PM

bath and body works is a great choice for young girls. watch out for perfumes , lots of people have allergies depending on the base. we use a bar soap from plantlife that has essential oils fragrances in them, plantlife is a god choice if the child has skin allergies

NADIA-R
by on Jun. 15, 2012 at 2:56 PM

my DD is 10 and also wants the Justin B. perfume but I don't think so maybe until she is 14 or when she needs to use deodorant. In the mean time she can just wait.

MomTiara19
by Member on Jun. 16, 2012 at 7:21 AM

Awhh that is cute....Beiber fever:)

Guess I am a rebel because I would buy it(maybe more for me)...lol...

My daughter is now 13 and we both love shoppping at bath and body works:)

~Tia

kgmmw
by Member on Jun. 16, 2012 at 4:36 PM

Id let my daughter wear a light scented perfume

ceciliam
by on Jun. 18, 2012 at 11:12 AM

Aaaawww, cute! My 6 year old son, has Marvel Superhero cologne, that I let him wear on special occasions.

KaylaMillar
by on Jun. 18, 2012 at 12:31 PM
I would let her a light smelling spray. I don't see the problem in it really.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ZombieHunter
by on Jun. 18, 2012 at 2:49 PM

My girls (7) and (11) have put on scented rose water from time to time. I don't mind, and they like having their own spray bottles.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)