Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you live close enough to go to the beach?

Posted by   + Show Post

We live a couple of hours away from the beach so we try to go a few times a summer. Do you live where you can go to the beach, too? Does your family love it or would they rather swim in a pool?

at the beach

by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 12:48 PM
Replies (11-20):
RainyRain
by on Jun. 21, 2012 at 10:08 PM

I live about 5 minutes away from the lake but I don't like going. 

I have taken my kids twice and I didn't let them get in the water. I don't like the sand, the water is always high on e-coli and besides the water from the lake is always to darn cold.

KymberleeAnn
by on Jun. 22, 2012 at 11:22 AM

I love 2 hours from the larger beaches and about and hour a way from a smaller beach I love the sights and sounds of the beach but for swimming I prefer the pool

3JuJu3
by New Member on Jun. 23, 2012 at 12:08 AM
Hilton Head Island, SC! We mostly do the pool in the summer because of the extreme heat and the crowds during tourist season.

foreverof4
by Member on Jun. 23, 2012 at 1:44 AM

We also live two hours from the beach and we love going as often as we can.

bhwrn1
by on Jun. 23, 2012 at 10:27 AM

We live pretty close, but we never go. I am not a huge fan of the beaches in our area (clientele is not always great!). And it's a lot ot pack up the kids and go there, plus it's always super crowded. I'd rather go to a pool.

goddess99
by on Jun. 23, 2012 at 4:33 PM

We live a few blocks from Lake Michigan but Grandma lives a block away and she has a pool so my dd goes to Grandmas alot. Sometimes we go to the beach, it's pretty.

bellaboosmummy
by on Jun. 24, 2012 at 12:02 AM

My daughter Bella and I live about a 5 min. bike ride from our town lake. Thank God!! It was great to be able to just jump on the bike and go, especially these last 3 days...we had a heat wave of 95+ degree weather!! This is my little bathing beauty on Tues. "Just Chillin"

From Bellaboosmummy

mom2maddiej
by on Jun. 24, 2012 at 9:49 AM
Live on an island.
LadyBast
by on Jun. 24, 2012 at 11:39 AM

Yes we are close to beaches but I hate the salt water so we use our pool in the back yard LOL... Love beach pics so we go for them only when it is not so hot.. FL is miserable!

mandapanda21
by New Member on Jun. 24, 2012 at 2:08 PM

At the moment, we are stationed at Davis Monthan AFB in Tucson Arizona.  We don't live anywhere near the ocean!!!  We received orders recently...we are moving to Miami!!  We are so excited!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)