Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you wear makeup? Does your daughter? If she's too young yet, what age will you let her start wearing it?

by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 12:49 PM
Replies (31-40):
MaddieLainesMom
by Member on Jul. 5, 2012 at 11:10 PM

I wear minimal make-up most of the time when I'm out and about. I only go full force for special occasions. DD has worn make up for her dance photos and recitals, but other than that she hasn't as she's only 5. I plan on using the same rule my parents did -- she can wear make-up when she's 13, but nothing crazy (just some eye make-up and lip gloss). I think make-up can be a fun way to express yourself. My friends and I used to do some fun stuff with eye shadow making watermelons, fish, and rainbows. Lol.

SlightlyPerfect
by Bronze Member on Jul. 5, 2012 at 11:54 PM

I wear makeup daily!

I have no issue with it. DD is only 3, but I'd encourage her to wear it for the right reasons when she's older.

slightlyperfect

my1love
by on Jul. 6, 2012 at 12:04 AM

once in a while this is me with makeup

Supervane
by Member on Jul. 6, 2012 at 12:07 AM
Yes I do. I states wearing make up asst 13 but only of my mom applied it and on weekends. I went to private school and they had a.strict no make up policy. I started wearing make up when I started public school so like at.15. I will try to enforce.the same on my daughter
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
carynleigh
by Member on Jul. 6, 2012 at 8:22 AM

I don't wear makeup every day.  I just never got into it. Even when I do, the combo foundation/powder compact form Cover Girl and some lipstick is it.  Maybe some eye shadow if I know where it is after the last time I used it.....

Just an interesting fact:  This has been true my entire adult life, yet I let myself be roped into Mary Kay..... WTH was I thinking?!?!?!?!

JoJoBean8
by Bronze Member on Jul. 6, 2012 at 9:25 AM

If we are going out for a special occasion I do but not an every day thing. I put a little blush on her for special occasions. She can use make up when she is older. Maybe 15ish. 

TurboMom81
by on Jul. 6, 2012 at 10:01 AM

rarely. I'm not big on it.  I will wear it on special occasions or if I know my picture will be taken.  Whenever I do put on makeup my girls want to wear it too, so I put a little eye shadow on them and some lip gloss. They love it!

wedding ticker

Chris3kids1dog
by on Jul. 6, 2012 at 11:11 AM

No and if I do it is maybe 1 time every 2 months

CyanMaama
by New Member on Jul. 6, 2012 at 1:28 PM

I do not wear make-up most of the time. When I do it is fpr something speical. And even then it is usually eyeliner, mascara, and lip gloss. My daughter is almost 8 I used to put make up on her for fun. We were experimenting because she had shown an intrest in pagents. We decided natural paegents would be a better fit. We did one and she kind of liked it but loved to come home kick off her dressy shoes throw on her tennis shoes and go out to play.

zinniadaisy
by on Jul. 6, 2012 at 4:12 PM

Not everyday, but I do - when I was 13, my mom took me to the Clinique counter at the Dept store and she said, "If you're going to start wearing makeup, then you have to learn how to take care of your skin 1st."  I plan on doing something along those lines for my girls when they are around that age - maybe 14/15....

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)