Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How do you overcome anxiety?

Posted by   + Show Post

Hi ladies,

Has anxiety about looks ever held you back from doing something you wanted to do? How did you overcome that?

jaw drop

by on Jun. 26, 2012 at 9:41 AM
Replies (21-30):
bamababe1975
by on Jun. 28, 2012 at 1:39 PM

It has, but I've talked myself up and reminded myself of why I wanted to do that and what I'd get out of it. I've given myself countless pep talks and just trudged ahead.

bamababe1975
by on Jun. 28, 2012 at 1:44 PM

I've had that, too - the anxiety builds before doing something special but I do it anyway, refusing to let what I call my "silliness" get in the way of enjoying my life. :)

Quoting carolina_gal:

I don't think it has stopped me but it has made me feel less confident when others have better haircuts or more expensive clothes.

ceciliam
by on Jun. 28, 2012 at 3:55 PM

I've never really had anxiety about my looks.

amonkeymom
by Amy on Jun. 28, 2012 at 4:55 PM

I get anxiety, but I don't let it hold me back.

amonkeymom
by Amy on Jun. 28, 2012 at 4:55 PM

Exactly!

Quoting bamababe1975:

I've had that, too - the anxiety builds before doing something special but I do it anyway, refusing to let what I call my "silliness" get in the way of enjoying my life. :)

Quoting carolina_gal:

I don't think it has stopped me but it has made me feel less confident when others have better haircuts or more expensive clothes.

Mrs.Andrews
by on Jul. 5, 2012 at 6:47 PM

About looks? Well sort of. I had huge embarrassing boobs so that held me back but I wouldn't call it anxiety. I have always struggled with anxiety and have yet to figure out how to overcome it.

TurboMom81
by on Jul. 5, 2012 at 7:30 PM
I wanted to get my Turbo Kick Certification and tech classes but I feel like I don't fit the mold and no one would want to take my class. It's still holding me back
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
heather4511
by Bronze Member on Jul. 5, 2012 at 8:34 PM

Quoting jerzeetomato:

I never really overcame it, I don't think.  I just worry about it less now that I'm older.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
heather4511
by Bronze Member on Jul. 5, 2012 at 8:36 PM
This too! Or when I go to a wedding or any social outing and other girls are all dolled up with a sexy dress and heels, and i just look plain.

Quoting carolina_gal:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SlightlyPerfect
Yesterday at 10:16 PM
by on Jul. 5, 2012 at 11:52 PM

Wow.

I just realized I don't really have anxiety. Is that odd?

slightlyperfect

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN