Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How often do you talk to your mom?

Posted by   + Show Post

I wouldn't say that my mom and I were super close growing up, we had (and still do have) conflicting personalities. But that being said I talk to my mom at least once a day. A good reason for it is probably that I am a SAHM and having another adult to talk to while DH is at work is kinda nice sometimes! 

Blessed Mommy to: Angel Baby : 07/08/08  Alexander Jayce:05/21/09 Kalea Brielle: 06/03/10 Michael Zachary 09/22/11

My adventerous life!

Due in September? Join us in September 2011 Babies!

by on Jul. 2, 2012 at 9:37 PM
Replies (11-20):
dorkish_face
by New Member on Jul. 4, 2012 at 7:58 PM

I still live with my mom. Everytime the talk of me moving out comes up she always says "you know, you and that baby don't have to leave anytime soon." so we talk literally everyday lol

zinniadaisy
by on Jul. 4, 2012 at 8:02 PM
Almost every day
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jeenw1019
by New Member on Jul. 4, 2012 at 8:07 PM

I have no relationship with my mother.  I have not seen her since christmas of 2009.  She has only seen my 3 year old twice and she has never met my 8 month old daughter.  She is a very toxic person and so is her husband.  I do not want to be around that and I really do not want my girls around that. 

Midnite00
by on Jul. 4, 2012 at 9:00 PM

I lost my mom ten years ago......... 

SweetLuci
by Bronze Member on Jul. 4, 2012 at 10:44 PM

My mother will be 96 on Friday, and often doesn't hear her phone ring, but I'm usually able to get her about once every week or so.

lilezkimo
by New Member on Jul. 5, 2012 at 2:00 AM
Weekly normally. When I was a young adult I was required to report in to my mom once a week, especially while I was in e military. She used to tell my brother (also in the army at the time) that she was the colonel and she needed us to report to her.

Now if I am busy I forget to call sometimes but my stepdad will text message me to remind me. The older we get the closer we have become. It's scary. Sometimes if I think about calling her and dismiss it to cook dinner or something, she's will call me that day. Apparently we think about each other at the same time.
SlightlyPerfect
Merry Giftmas!
Yesterday at 11:08 AM
by on Jul. 5, 2012 at 8:52 AM

OMG. I talk to my mom multiple times a day. She's a major reason I'm such a great mom.

slightlyperfect

TurboMom81
by on Jul. 5, 2012 at 9:58 AM

I'm pretty close with my Mom, but I'm not a phone person so we really only talk about 4 times a months. Sometimes I will cal her twice in one week, other times I will go two weeks without talking to her.  Try to get down to visit at least everyother Sunday when she has off from work.

wedding ticker

KaylaMillar
by on Jul. 5, 2012 at 11:54 AM
Not very often. My mother and I don't really see eye to eye
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
heather4511
by Bronze Member on Jul. 5, 2012 at 11:59 AM
My mom and i are too much alike, so that was not good as I was a teen. But it works now that I am older. And for the most part I talk to my mom everyday and we have coffee together every week :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN