Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Strong Women, Strong...Boys?

Posted by on Jul. 3, 2012 at 7:52 AM
  • 13 Replies

Do you think that it is just as important to be a strong role model for your son(s) as it is for your daughter(s)? I have 3 daughters and no sons (yet) but I think that it is equally important for a boy to have a strong woman to look up to. 

Proud Navy Wife since 1/10/06; toddler girl Mother to McKenna since 12/11/08,  toddler girl McKaela since 5/27/10 & baby girl Maisie since 8/15/11.

Due in September? Join us in September 2011 Babies!

by on Jul. 3, 2012 at 7:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
4kidz916
by Bronze Member on Jul. 3, 2012 at 9:18 AM

I totally agree.  

ldmrmom
by on Jul. 3, 2012 at 1:01 PM

Absolutely!

My son  just turned 10. I am every bit a role model for him as his father is and as I am for his sister.  I believe boys learn how a man treats a woman by watching not only what the men in their lives do, but also what the women in their lives expect. I also think, however, that children see their adults not just as male / female but as individuals. My son does not just learn that a woman can be strong, he learns that a person can be strong. He does not just see how a woman can assert herself and demand respect, he learns how he can do so too.

Roo1234
by Member on Jul. 3, 2012 at 2:30 PM

Absolutely.  I have a daughter and two sons and I feel passionately that they all need to know what it means to be a strong person.  TI si also very important that they learn what "strong" actually means.  Some people don't realize that strength doesn't mean always getting your way.  It is about upholding your sense of self with grace and dignity even when things don't go your way.

corky1990
by Member on Jul. 3, 2012 at 3:05 PM
I agree, I have an almost two year old and he is my everything. If he free up with a mother like I had, I couldn't live. I told myself I would never put him through what I went through. So I hope this group does support that
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SweetLuci
by Bronze Member on Jul. 3, 2012 at 9:08 PM
1 mom liked this

I absolutely do. I have two grown sons and tried to teach them to be strong emotionally and respect strong women. I feel proud that they married strong women.

KaylaMillar
by on Jul. 3, 2012 at 10:57 PM
Absolutely!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
HamBergerMama
by Stacy on Jul. 3, 2012 at 11:05 PM

I 100% agree!

wulfeyes05
by on Jul. 4, 2012 at 12:12 AM

Yep

JoJoBean8
by Bronze Member on Jul. 4, 2012 at 12:49 AM

It is equally important. The relationship your son has with you will teach him how to treat women for life. 

redhead-bedhead
by on Jul. 4, 2012 at 8:41 AM

Definitely because everything he knows about women he will learn from his mother.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN