Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Raising Confident Daughters Day 1: Open Up Conversation

Posted by   + Show Post

Self-esteem doesn't mean feeling good about yourself all of the time. People who have strong self-esteem are able to recognize and understand their feelings. It's important to be able to talk about things with your daughter when she's happy and when she's down.

Sit down and talk to your daughter about what bothers her and what makes her proud! What is your daughter most proud of?

Don't forget, you need to respond to 10 of the challenge posts to be entered to win the $50 gift card! Sign up here for daily reminders.

by on Jul. 9, 2012 at 1:15 PM
Replies (51-60):
epiq
by Member on Jul. 9, 2012 at 5:48 PM

My daugher is most proud of how well she does in school. 

She got all A's and one B.  I am also super proud of her.  simple smileOf course it's her brothers that bother her most!!!   She is going to be 13 in 2wks and has 3 little brothers.

Burnz
by Member on Jul. 9, 2012 at 5:51 PM
My daughter is proud of being a good dancer. She is also proud of earning money for cleaning the basement all by herself. :). She's 6.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TheJerseyGirl
by on Jul. 9, 2012 at 6:12 PM

She is so proud of her achievements in school but more importantly the sports she plays. She's extremely competitive!

Poohy1975
by on Jul. 9, 2012 at 6:13 PM

And what do you do when your daughter is unwilling to tell you what makes her feel bad or good?

Flaca43
by Member on Jul. 9, 2012 at 6:19 PM

She is proud of her grades, her art work and how protective she is of her younger brothers.

kirbymom
by Bronze Member on Jul. 9, 2012 at 6:23 PM

She is proud that her self esteem and self image aren't hanging on the opinions of other people anymore. She is confident in who and what she is now.  She has come to realize that listening to what other people say with their opinions is a prerogative that she can exercise at will, that she doesn't have to believe their words and attitude, if she feels their not worth believing in. 

exhausted_momma
by on Jul. 9, 2012 at 6:28 PM
My daughter is most proud of cheerleading.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lilmama42774
by on Jul. 9, 2012 at 6:34 PM
People who are ignorant bother her and being able to ignore them makes her proud.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kyfiregirl
by on Jul. 9, 2012 at 6:53 PM

she is bothered by her small size but shes proud that she does so many  big things despite her size

kirbymom
by Bronze Member on Jul. 9, 2012 at 7:18 PM
1 mom liked this

Awww (((Hugs)))

Well, just so you know, I have been there a few times myself. You just keep trying, trying in different ways at different times but never ever giving up.  She will eventually tell you something. And something is better than nothing. Then, eventually, she will tell you more.  Little bits here and there.  You might try telling her something that no one esle knows about yourself. That might help her feel comfortable enough to say something about herself in return.    

Quoting Poohy1975:

And what do you do when your daughter is unwilling to tell you what makes her feel bad or good?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN