Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Raising Confident Daughters Day 1: Open Up Conversation

Posted by   + Show Post

Self-esteem doesn't mean feeling good about yourself all of the time. People who have strong self-esteem are able to recognize and understand their feelings. It's important to be able to talk about things with your daughter when she's happy and when she's down.

Sit down and talk to your daughter about what bothers her and what makes her proud! What is your daughter most proud of?

Don't forget, you need to respond to 10 of the challenge posts to be entered to win the $50 gift card! Sign up here for daily reminders.

by on Jul. 9, 2012 at 1:15 PM
Replies (101-110):
Kristyna-223
by on Jul. 10, 2012 at 2:09 PM
Her artwork!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
helema24
by Member on Jul. 10, 2012 at 3:50 PM

My daughte ris learning that being different is a good thing. She has issues with being different and one of the only half arab girls in many of the places she goes. We have talked to her and told her that she is a beautiful girl and that she should embrace her duel heritage. I am a fully mixed individual and have been taught growing up that everyone is worth something and i should base who i like based on personality not nationality or ethnicity. this is my family and i love them all:

the oldest is 7 the boys are 3 and 4 and the youngest is now one month this was done at the hoapital when she was one day old!!

Uzma_mom_of_2
by Member on Jul. 10, 2012 at 4:55 PM

My daughter is 3, but she loves to dance. 

MommaKel
by on Jul. 10, 2012 at 5:06 PM

My daughter is six and we talk every day.  H says that she is proud of the fact she is learning to ride her bike.

Uzma_mom_of_2
by Member on Jul. 10, 2012 at 5:07 PM

I understand where your daughter is coming from. I'm half Pakistani and Half White.  My father didn't teach me Urdu, so I only spoke/speak English. And I look Hispanic. 

Growing up, the kids tended to gravitate other kids of the same ethnic background and language. I was accepted by the 3 groups (Hispanic, middle east, American/White, though I never had any issues with the African American kids either) but felt out of place for the longest time, because I belonged to none fully.

By blood I belonged in the Middle Eastern group, but couldn't speak the langauge. By looks I belonged to the Hispanic group, but again couldn't speak the language. And by language and blood, but not by looks, I belonged to the white American group.

It wasn't really till High School that I understood where my parents are from doesn't matter. It's who I am that matters. How I treat others, how I act, who I wanted to be.  I now consider myself an American. People ask where I'm from and I say Chicago even though I know they're really asking what my parents heritage is.  

It was something I had to discover for myself. Becasue I just felt unless you are in my shoes, you can't truely understand how I feel. 

Quoting helema24:

My daughte ris learning that being different is a good thing. She has issues with being different and one of the only half arab girls in many of the places she goes. We have talked to her and told her that she is a beautiful girl and that she should embrace her duel heritage. I am a fully mixed individual and have been taught growing up that everyone is worth something and i should base who i like based on personality not nationality or ethnicity. this is my family and i love them all:

the oldest is 7 the boys are 3 and 4 and the youngest is now one month this was done at the hoapital when she was one day old!!

I very rarely bother to check a board twice, so debate, get mad, or whatever it is that'll make you feel better, if you don't like what I have to say, because it won't bother me :)sticking out tongue

chris13
by Member on Jul. 10, 2012 at 7:12 PM

daughter 1- social connections

daughter 2- soccer skills

my2cowgirls
by New Member on Jul. 10, 2012 at 7:30 PM

Knowing how to read by herself

monstermommy3
by on Jul. 10, 2012 at 7:37 PM
My daughter is proud of her being able to not be hurt when other kids tey and say mean things
sunset
by Member on Jul. 10, 2012 at 8:48 PM
She is most proud of being a momas daughter.
ChristySelder
by New Member on Jul. 11, 2012 at 6:00 AM
My daughter is proud of herself and her accomplishments. Whether it be dance recitals, ball games, writing a story or drawing a picture she worked hard on. I hate it when she gets upset for messing up on a drawing or not scoring in a game. I tell her that any effort is good and sometimes mistakes make things better than perfection.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)