Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Raising Confident Daughters Day 1: Open Up Conversation

Posted by   + Show Post

Self-esteem doesn't mean feeling good about yourself all of the time. People who have strong self-esteem are able to recognize and understand their feelings. It's important to be able to talk about things with your daughter when she's happy and when she's down.

Sit down and talk to your daughter about what bothers her and what makes her proud! What is your daughter most proud of?

Don't forget, you need to respond to 10 of the challenge posts to be entered to win the $50 gift card! Sign up here for daily reminders.

by on Jul. 9, 2012 at 1:15 PM
Replies (11-20):
tamidawn
by Member on Jul. 9, 2012 at 1:40 PM
She's only two, but she's very proud of her dancing an her painted fingernails! :-)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jessicasmom1
by Bronze Member on Jul. 9, 2012 at 1:41 PM

her grades and certificates at the end of the year.

blg5484
by on Jul. 9, 2012 at 1:43 PM

Well DD is 2 so I guess she would be most proud of the messes she makes :) lol

SlightlyPerfect
Some people are nothing more than examples of what _not_ to be; they're breathing testimonies of what mediocrity and worthlessness can produce.
Tuesday at 7:37 PM
by Bronze Member on Jul. 9, 2012 at 1:45 PM
1 mom liked this

She's 3 and just told me she's proud to be her.

slightlyperfect

faery_mama
by on Jul. 9, 2012 at 1:46 PM
She's proud of her smile that can always make others feel better, and how she likes helping people not just her friends and family
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BeccaBear11
by on Jul. 9, 2012 at 1:51 PM
When she does her chores without reminders.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
christi34
by on Jul. 9, 2012 at 1:52 PM

My oldest daughter is very proud of herself, she just found out that with the help of summer school she has passed the 9th grade and will be taking all 10th grade classes in the fall. 

Mommyanie
by on Jul. 9, 2012 at 1:52 PM

My daughter is proud of how well she is doing in the summer reading program. She has read for 30 hours. She is working her way to 45+ hours! Way to go my DD!! Your mom is proud of you, too!!

godsgirl26
by Member on Jul. 9, 2012 at 1:53 PM

Getting good grades in school.

iamfreeatlast
by Member on Jul. 9, 2012 at 1:54 PM

This is a big problem with my daughter.  She does not have the self esteem.  She is proud of her softball even though I have heard her say that she doesn't feel like she is that good.  She compares herself to everyone and doesn't see just how good she is in everything that she does. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)