Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Raising Confident Daughters Day 1: Open Up Conversation

Posted by   + Show Post

Self-esteem doesn't mean feeling good about yourself all of the time. People who have strong self-esteem are able to recognize and understand their feelings. It's important to be able to talk about things with your daughter when she's happy and when she's down.

Sit down and talk to your daughter about what bothers her and what makes her proud! What is your daughter most proud of?

Don't forget, you need to respond to 10 of the challenge posts to be entered to win the $50 gift card! Sign up here for daily reminders.

by on Jul. 9, 2012 at 1:15 PM
Replies (131-140):
Jules_
by on Jul. 16, 2012 at 10:37 PM

Her singing

Chymerra
by on Jul. 17, 2012 at 9:40 AM

What bothers her (remember she is 6 1/2):

Ticks

Diarreha

Ghosts

Loud Music

Loud arguments/yelling:

What she is proud of:

Her schoolwork

Having lots of friends

her 2 cousins

dreamssail79
by New Member on Jul. 17, 2012 at 10:08 AM

My daughter is very proud of her grades she is a honor roll student. However she has issues with little things like she always thinks she has fat legs. She really just has athletic legs. The worst is when we went to the DRs and the scale said she weighed 86lbs which she thought was fat. She is not fat at all!! She is almost 12 and only in size 10/12 so I wouldnt hardly say that is fat!! This all stems from when she wore a dress to a party one time (it was so cute gymboree) and literally it was forever ago and another little girl said she looked fat. Ug she was so excited to buy that dress and never wore it again!! I hate how mean kids can be!!

weberbaby
by on Jul. 17, 2012 at 10:25 AM
What great answers I've read! My DD's are 4 & 1-1/2. My 4yo is proud of her dancing. My 1-1/2yo just smiled :-)
cna2323
by New Member on Jul. 17, 2012 at 3:18 PM

I ask my daughter everyday what's going on. I ask her if there is anything that we need to talk about or deal with. Last schoolyear, I had to deal with kids bullying my daughter, one of her classmates SLAPPED her face and another BIT her. I contacted a lawyer because my child refused to go back to school. I felt as a parent that I was letting her down, but after setting up a meeting with the schools' Vice Principal and getting to the bottom of the situation, I thought I was gonna have to sue the school and district for not taking care of my child. Since then, we talk everyday about whatever she's feeling. She LOVES science and wants to learn more. She LOVES school and can't wait for it to start again. To be honest, I can't wait either.

conijoy
by on Jul. 18, 2012 at 1:39 PM

My daughter is proud of her dancing.  For me I see that it provides her physical activity which improves mood ingeneral but as she gets better and better at it it improves her confidence.  She teaches young students now and this will be a gift she has to offer for the rest of her life

kangel48446
by New Member on Jul. 18, 2012 at 5:54 PM

I have 3 beautiful daughters <3 

Destiny - "Proud to be a girl scout" (6 years old)

Serenity - "Proud to be a big sister" (4  years old)

Nevaeh - (1 year old) I was just told by a nurse that she is very smart for her age. 

I'm very proud to be the mother of these three beauitful girls. They are amazing to watch as they grow into sweet little ladies. I cannot wait for the years to come!

ladygood87
by New Member on Jul. 18, 2012 at 6:01 PM
hey
momof3inTN
by on Jul. 18, 2012 at 9:58 PM

My daughter is still young, only 5, but she is proud of knowing her ABC's.

Dest83
by on Jul. 18, 2012 at 11:09 PM

She's only 2 months old but I'd say if she could understand the question and provide me an answer, she would say that her voice is what she's most proud of. Her coos are beautiful.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN