Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Raising Confident Daughters Day 1: Open Up Conversation

Posted by   + Show Post

Self-esteem doesn't mean feeling good about yourself all of the time. People who have strong self-esteem are able to recognize and understand their feelings. It's important to be able to talk about things with your daughter when she's happy and when she's down.

Sit down and talk to your daughter about what bothers her and what makes her proud! What is your daughter most proud of?

Don't forget, you need to respond to 10 of the challenge posts to be entered to win the $50 gift card! Sign up here for daily reminders.

by on Jul. 9, 2012 at 1:15 PM
Replies (91-100):
juniebug11
by on Jul. 10, 2012 at 10:25 AM
My daughter is only one but I did tell her she was special, I asked her what she was proud of she said one , two . Lol
MamaBear2cubs
by Nikki on Jul. 10, 2012 at 10:42 AM
1 mom liked this

Her family.

LivinBlessed
by Member on Jul. 10, 2012 at 11:00 AM
Mine said she was proud that she climbed up the big kid playground thing!;) We're big on conquering fears, and she was really nervous but did it anyway so it's a great big deal!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
s.adams83
by New Member on Jul. 10, 2012 at 11:02 AM

My dd said she is most proud when she runs really fast and throws a ball really far.  She is very competitive and athletic.  She also said she is proud of fher brother when he runs really fast.  

Radarma
by Member on Jul. 10, 2012 at 11:24 AM

Last week I asked DD (11) to give me five descriptor words that SHE FEELS describe her.

I was kinda troubled that "smart" was not on the list.

She is very smart, straight A's...except she got her first B in math last year.

Watching her on the cusp of adolescence has me pretty concerned.

I like this group idea, thanks for having it and us Cafemom.

fraujones
by Member on Jul. 10, 2012 at 11:37 AM
Her drawings.
littlemomma84
by on Jul. 10, 2012 at 12:33 PM

stopped bedtime accidents this year.

AzariahsMother
by on Jul. 10, 2012 at 12:48 PM

Funny this is Day 1 topic and this is something DD and I chatted about yesterday because when I got home from work she was not looking so happy, so I wanted to know what was going on.  She started to just talk about how at summer school she is needing more help then others, and teachers are ignoring her when she is asking for help.  She said she is always raising her hand, and sometimes she gets called on and doesn't know the answer to things.  I was almost in tears, but told her everything would be ok.  I told her we all learn at different pace, and no one is smarter then another, and everyone has there own things they are good at.  We talked about what I am good at, what she is good at, what DH is good at, and it started to make her feel better.  I said no 2 people are a like and that's what makes us who we are.  I was happy that after or mini talk she was all smiles.

Something that makes her proud is her cheer leading skills.

rollinhard07
by Member on Jul. 10, 2012 at 1:16 PM

My daughter was proud and excited because she was able to meet Mrs. Michelle Obama and was one of six students to get to cook with some Top Chefs, she was also proud that her teacher nominated her to attend a leadership academy for one week out of the summer.

heather4511
by Bronze Member on Jul. 10, 2012 at 1:41 PM
My DD and i talk all the time. My DD is usually mist proud of the flowers she picked from the neighbor Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)