Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Raising Confident Daughters Day 2: Provide Role Models

Posted by   + Show Post

Help your daughter create a Self-Esteem Network. Does she have people in her life that she looks up to? Make sure she gets to spend time with them! Choose special days throughout the year and dedicate them to the people she loves. Use an existing calendar or create a personalized photo calendar online to pencil-in bonding appointments, and set aside time for her to spend quality time with each important person.  

Whom does your daughter look up to?

Did you miss yesterday's activity? Here it isDon't forget, you need to respond to 10 of the challenge posts to be entered to win the $50 gift card! Sign up here for daily reminders.

by on Jul. 10, 2012 at 11:00 AM
Replies (21-30):
littlemomma84
by on Jul. 10, 2012 at 12:35 PM

Her daddy

Mrs.Andrews
by on Jul. 10, 2012 at 12:44 PM

My daughter looks up to her Dad and I, and her Grandma the most.

othermom
by Member on Jul. 10, 2012 at 12:46 PM

My self, her grand parents

Gooberzilla
by New Member on Jul. 10, 2012 at 12:47 PM

I struggle with this because we live so far away from family.  I want my DD to be close to her aunts and to her cousin.  I would like my DD to get to know her grandmothers.  But we live a long ways away and we only visit a few times a year.  I hope that soon in the future we will be able to live closer to family.

AzariahsMother
by on Jul. 10, 2012 at 12:51 PM
1 mom liked this

She looks up to me without a doubt.  She always talks about how she wants to go school like me, wants to work where I work, wants to cook like me.  There are a few celebrities that she likes and thinks are cool, but doesn't really say she wants to be like them, more liking their style. 

la_bella_vita
by on Jul. 10, 2012 at 12:51 PM

My daughter looks up to me and her cousin.

Ms.Christian
by on Jul. 10, 2012 at 12:54 PM
She looks up to me, my mother and my sister. I can easily set up bonding time with the two of us, as i normally try to do, but my mother and sister live 5 & 7 hours away, respectively, so that makes it difficult.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
OliviasMommy17
by Melissa on Jul. 10, 2012 at 1:29 PM
1 mom liked this

She looks up to her daddy. She wants to be just like him somedays while other days she wants to be just like me.

She has her Daddy-Daughter time. We also have family time. She spends time with her Grandmothers (2 grandmas and 1 great-grandma) and her Pop. Aunts, Uncles and cousins all spend some time with her.

helema24
by Member on Jul. 10, 2012 at 1:43 PM

my daughter looks up to my mother, my sister, my sister in law and various other women. she sees that modesty takes more courage and love for yourself than the way many women dress these days. her role models have various forms of modest dress and teach her to love who she is and not try to be someone else to impress others.

heather4511
by Bronze Member on Jul. 10, 2012 at 1:43 PM
My dd looks up to me which is nerve wracking. Lol but she spends a lot of time with my cousin, my and my two aunts. I especially love her being around my cousin because she is such a good person. She spends a lot of time with my uncle who is a great male role model
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)