Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Raising Confident Daughters Day 2: Provide Role Models

Posted by   + Show Post

Help your daughter create a Self-Esteem Network. Does she have people in her life that she looks up to? Make sure she gets to spend time with them! Choose special days throughout the year and dedicate them to the people she loves. Use an existing calendar or create a personalized photo calendar online to pencil-in bonding appointments, and set aside time for her to spend quality time with each important person.  

Whom does your daughter look up to?

Did you miss yesterday's activity? Here it isDon't forget, you need to respond to 10 of the challenge posts to be entered to win the $50 gift card! Sign up here for daily reminders.

by on Jul. 10, 2012 at 11:00 AM
Replies (91-100):
dizzy21712
by on Jul. 16, 2012 at 10:58 AM

This is pretty easy because the women she looks up to are myself and my mother in law. She talks all the time about when she grows up (she just turned 10) she wants to be the same type of mom that I am. One that encourages her to follow her dreams. She spends time with her grandmother every week.

ldmrmom
by on Jul. 16, 2012 at 2:36 PM

My DD is blessed with a network of strong role models. She looks up to me, my mother, DH, my father, my son (her big brother), her teachers, her friend's parents, role models at church, etc.  SHe's an active Girl Scout (I am her troop leader) and has many strong female role models - adults and other girls - throughout our local organization too. She's a lucky little girl!

Harris06
by Megan on Jul. 16, 2012 at 6:02 PM

My daughters look up to me. They are 1, 2, and 3 so I guess I am kind of all they know right now other than grandmothers. And I suppose that they look up to my mom and my MIL.

tracy211
by New Member on Jul. 16, 2012 at 7:48 PM

Mine looks up to her Grammy.  The girly stuff skipped a generation, so I'm so grateful my mom lives near.  They decorate cakes together and do all the hair and make-up stuff together.  I'm glad I dont' have to do it, but that she has someone to share that stuff with.

Jules_
by on Jul. 16, 2012 at 10:34 PM

She says she wants to be just like her Mom, me ;)

Chymerra
by on Jul. 17, 2012 at 9:42 AM

She looks up to both grandmothers, myself, her aunts and her great grandmother

dreamssail79
by New Member on Jul. 17, 2012 at 10:15 AM

My daughter looks up to Me, My Mom and Dad and her father. Unfortunately her grandparents live far away. In fact most of her reatives do. So I think I shall book Daddy daughter days and a few Mommy daughter days!!

weberbaby
by on Jul. 17, 2012 at 10:26 AM

My DD looks up to her Gramma's and her Auntie's.  She spends time with all of them on a regular basis.

Paigesmommy78
by Member on Jul. 17, 2012 at 11:18 AM

My DD is still a little to young so idk yet no1 really yet but i hope its me

Momforhealth
by on Jul. 17, 2012 at 12:07 PM

She looks up to me and she loves her school teachers.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)