Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you ever feel a need to be beautiful?

Posted by   + Show Post

Hi ladies,

As a young girl, did you ever feel pressure to be beautiful? Do you still feel the same now that you are an adult?

mirror

by on Jul. 10, 2012 at 11:40 AM
Replies (31-40):
HamBergerMama
by Stacy on Jul. 31, 2012 at 10:30 PM

I had some very serious "ugly years" I was large for my age. (not developed, just head and sholders above my peers and about 30 lb heavier) up untill I was 13 at which point I developed serious acne, and needed pretty thick glasses. 

I am not allowed to forget my "ugly" years, my mom never helped me, just made comments to me around my sisters. I struggle now, because we don't have a bunch of extra money to be able to get nice stylish clothing. So I try to piece stuff together, but I would rather spend the money making sure my kids look good. so they don't have to feel like I did. 

Kmakksmom
by on Aug. 5, 2012 at 6:32 PM

I never have felt pressure to be beautiful.  I've taught my daughters not to feel pressure either.  They know they are beautiful inside as well as out, but they don't brag about it.

chasingrandbaby
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 12:19 PM

I always wore make up when I was a teen, and blue eye shadow too! ugh.

Now that I am older, I dont wear make up or jewelry, just freshly showered and dark circles!

I do enjoy putting on makeup for a special occassion and I instantly feel beautiful, we all are in our own way!

My baby who is 18 recently had a boyfriend who told her she was more beautiful without makeup, and she hasnt worn makeup since. Both of my daughters have natural beauty, they r blessings

jessicasmom1
by Bronze Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 2:32 PM

No I was the girl who got along with everyone hung with the girls and the boys  , never wore makeup until High school, fast foward until now I still am the same way hardly wear make up and I am just myself I do feel beautiful inside and out and I try to imply this on to my daughter to just be who you are and true to yourself everything else seems to fall in place.

alliesmom112
by Sandy on Oct. 6, 2012 at 2:52 PM

yes to both. 

Bob192
by Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 4:37 PM

I felt pressured as a kid, but really didn't have the tools to do anything about it, so I just felt bad about myself.  I feel some pressure now, but I am more confident about myself and how I look.

Karla1948
by Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 4:39 PM

I always have, even to this day! The makeup, nails, hair, and attire always need to be perfect for me.

Advertising Banner Designs - Only $9.00

Sunnydip
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 5:10 PM

as a teenager I always got myself ready and put together nicely, but I never felt pressure to be that way there were definitely days when I didn't get ready at all and didn't mind going in public. However, once I became a mother  all the sudden my self esteem has gone out the window. I'm constantly thinking that people are judging my weight and looks. Even though no one has ever said nothing but nice things to me. So backwards and weird but its the truth.

copperswifey
by Bronze Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 5:23 PM

Yes. I'm not as concerned about it when I was younger. I was always one that had to look good to go a convenient store. I would get stressed out if my hair didn't look good. I wouldn't want to go out.  I was a big pain in the butt lol Now I do love to feel beautiful, but I don't feel the pressure that I did when I was younger. I'm married with kids so I don't feel like I have to impress anyone when I go out lol :)

JoJoBean8
by Bronze Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 3:55 PM

I did when I was younger but not o much as an adult

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)