Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Raising Confident Daughters Day 3: Be Positive

Posted by   + Show Post

Your daughter watches everything you do – so today's activity is to STOP doing some things. Don't let her see you be hard on yourself!

Here are a few things to stop doing in her ear-shot:

• Don't look in the mirror and sigh about how lumpy or awful you feel.
  • Don't complain about your floppy bits.
  • Don't say "I shouldn’t be eating this because I don’t want to put on weight."

What should you stop doing?

Did you miss yesterday's activity? Here it is! Don't forget, you need to respond to 10 of the challenge posts to be entered to win the $50 gift card! Sign up here for daily reminders.

by on Jul. 11, 2012 at 10:27 AM
Replies (21-30):
sexiyesi
by on Jul. 11, 2012 at 11:33 AM
I wear makeup everyday and if she asks why I tell her so I can look pretty for daddy. I need to think of a different reason why so she doesn't think she needs makeup to be pretty.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jteffs
by on Jul. 11, 2012 at 11:36 AM

We seem to be on a perpetual "diet" in my house, and I think we need to really stop using that word. Eating healthy is my goal, losing weight is just a perk.

Abigail0210
by Member on Jul. 11, 2012 at 11:39 AM

Gonna be hard but I will try... :-)

blg5484
by on Jul. 11, 2012 at 11:48 AM

I should stop procrastinating I need to teach her not to put things off til later to do it now and have fun later

helema24
by Member on Jul. 11, 2012 at 11:48 AM

i should stop getting upset because certain cloths dont fit. i should be happy that i still can look nice no matter how big i am!

helema24
by Member on Jul. 11, 2012 at 11:54 AM
2 moms liked this

in my house we call it eating healthy. you shouldnt diet you should just adopt a new lifestyle. i found this out the hard way through years of dieting! now i just call it eating healthy and living better! dieting puts one in the "im fat" rut that will cause one to fail then they lose self worth a bit at a time.

Quoting jteffs:

We seem to be on a perpetual "diet" in my house, and I think we need to really stop using that word. Eating healthy is my goal, losing weight is just a perk.

HamBergerMama
by Stacy on Jul. 11, 2012 at 12:10 PM
Exactly

Quoting godsgirl26:

This.

Quoting Burnz:

I need to be more patient. :)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
faery_mama
by on Jul. 11, 2012 at 12:15 PM
I need to stop being lazy and start picking up after myself. Can't expect her toclean up after herself if o can't do it myself
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jessicasmom1
by Bronze Member on Jul. 11, 2012 at 12:25 PM

saying No and really meaning it 

mommy_2_be_2010
by Member on Jul. 11, 2012 at 12:32 PM
I need to stop complaining and start doing
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN