Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Raising Confident Daughters Day 4: Share Compliments!

Posted by   + Show Post

Sometimes we forget to compliment each other. Sit down with your daughter and share five things you like about one another and five things you each like about yourselves. Focus on personality and character traits.

What does your daughter like about you? What did you share with her?

Did you miss yesterday's activity? Here it is! Don't forget, you need to respond to 10 of the challenge posts to be entered to win the $50 gift card! Sign up here for daily reminders.

by on Jul. 12, 2012 at 12:03 PM
Replies (61-70):
iamfreeatlast
by Member on Jul. 13, 2012 at 10:51 AM

I told her that I love the way she is so caring, the way she loves her brother, the accomplishments she has made in her softball, the accomplishments she has made with her school, and the way that she always leaves me notes saying I love you or have a good day. 

She told me that she loves me and the way I take care of her and her brother, how I take her all the time to pitching practice and everywhere else she wants to go, how I coach her softball team and how I sit down and play games with them.

Ama1987
by Member on Jul. 13, 2012 at 12:56 PM

She's not talking really but she likes giving me hugs and kisses!

rollinhard07
by Member on Jul. 13, 2012 at 3:03 PM
She likes that I am available for her to talk to whenever she needs to talk and we talk about whatever she needs to talk about.
She also came up to me and asked me to teach her to cook. She is 11.
healthgirl38
by on Jul. 13, 2012 at 3:58 PM

My daughter loves my curly hair, my hugs, when I read to her and her brother, my cooking and that I love her back!  I told her that I love her laugh, how considerate that she is, what a great big sister she is, how kind she is to everyohe, and her smile.  We enjoyed this!

epiq
by Member on Jul. 13, 2012 at 4:49 PM

She likes how patient I am with the boys (her brothers especially since she isn't), how she can depend on me, she likes that I can still have fun with her (even though I am 32 and she is 12 almost 13),  she likes that I cook her favorite dinner a few times a month, she likes how I do my nails LOL.

I also told her I am proud of how smart she is, how well she does in school, I also told her I am glad that she checks in when she spend the day at a friends house, I told her I appreciate it when she does decide to play and have fun with her younger brothers (7,6,and 4yrs old), I also told her I like how she keeps her room so organized and tidy.

Thanks for all the fun activities.  Sometimes you just get caught up with work, housework, and the rest of your kids.  That you don't take extra time with them individually.

Poohy1975
by on Jul. 13, 2012 at 5:36 PM

I can and will do this with her,but my daughter is one of those people that won't tell you how she's feeling.Due to prolonged trauma from her brother  she is a very quiet little,well 14, girl.So i don't think i will get any responses from her.

TeayaJ
by New Member on Jul. 13, 2012 at 8:11 PM

Right now, at six months old, she just likes the fact that I am mommy. I tell her she's beautiful every day though.

@--'--,--

momofkandb
by Member on Jul. 13, 2012 at 8:16 PM

My compliments to my daughter:  I love it when she sings, she sings so wonderfully.  I love her fashion sense...even at 4 she has it going on.  I love that she works so hard and willingly with her preschool stuff.  I love that she is "reading" and is becoming a great reader.  I was blessed when she became my daughter.

Her compliments to me:  I like your cooking mommy and that you take good care of your kids.  You are my favorite mommy.

This was a wonderful and great thing to do.  Although, I tell my daughter how strong and wonderful she is everyday.

workinm0mmy
by on Jul. 13, 2012 at 9:34 PM
My dd is a good reader, artist, big sister, daughter and is so loving.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MaddieLainesMom
by Member on Jul. 15, 2012 at 2:14 AM

My daughter said she likes our dance parties in the car when we have to drive and that I sing her songs at night. I told her that I love her sweet spirit and spunky personality. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN