Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Raising Confident Daughters Day 4: Share Compliments!

Posted by   + Show Post

Sometimes we forget to compliment each other. Sit down with your daughter and share five things you like about one another and five things you each like about yourselves. Focus on personality and character traits.

What does your daughter like about you? What did you share with her?

Did you miss yesterday's activity? Here it is! Don't forget, you need to respond to 10 of the challenge posts to be entered to win the $50 gift card! Sign up here for daily reminders.

by on Jul. 12, 2012 at 12:03 PM
Replies (81-90):
Paigesmommy78
by Member on Jul. 17, 2012 at 11:23 AM

oh i do this alot

conijoy
by on Jul. 18, 2012 at 2:02 PM

I am so unsure what she would say if asked what she likes about me.  We butt heads so regularly, I am often saddened by how rude she sometimes seems toward me.  I get a lot of the worst behavior, likely because she knows I am her safe place and I will never stop loving her, but man does it sting sometimes. 

I know that she thinks I am creatively gifted, I sew and crochet and I make clothes, purses, etc.  She rarely likes things I want to make for her but will design something herself that I will create for her and she loves it.  She also tells her friends to ask me to make them things.  She is enigma.

I share a love of reading, music and movies and TV with her.  We could sit and watch hours and hours of Criminal Minds together and love it....horror and mystery movie marathons are common....

momof3inTN
by on Jul. 20, 2012 at 8:10 AM

This will be fun! I'll do this with her this afternoon.

HappyMommy2_3
by on Jul. 20, 2012 at 6:51 PM

Every night I ask my daughter to tell me what she's good at and what she likes  she always says that she likes that she gets to be a sister, she is funny and she is smart.  When I asked her what she likes about me she likes that I can make ramen noodles(keep in mind she is 5)

StephanieG31
by Member on Jul. 20, 2012 at 8:05 PM

Five things that my daughter likes about me are: my good cooking,how much I show my love to her by taking good care of her,I'm smart,pretty,and draw good.

Five things I tell my daughter all the time are: she is pretty, smart, a good reader, very caring and considerate of others,very creative.

malexander2009
by on Jul. 21, 2012 at 11:06 AM

As far as compliments go DH and I are always telling her how pretty she is. 

NavyBussGirl
by on Jul. 21, 2012 at 7:06 PM

We have "nice sessions" where we will do this type of thing. Saying a nice and true thing about ourselves and whoever else is there.

JoyJoy
by Member on Jul. 24, 2012 at 2:50 PM

i always tell them how beautiful they are

Maries_Mom23
by Member on Jul. 26, 2012 at 3:16 PM

I'm always telling her how smart, beautiful and imaginative she is.  

She always tells me I'm the best cook ever and really pretty.  :)

MamaBear2cubs
by Nikki on Jul. 28, 2012 at 2:07 PM
I like that!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN