Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mommy Daughter Time

Posted by on Jul. 13, 2012 at 6:00 AM
  • 25 Replies
1 mom liked this
My girls are still really young. Our time together consists of watching a movie together, playing Dance Central, running errands together, play board games, paint their nails, or simply reading books.

Someday I would like to go out and do more with them, hiking, lunch dates, and shopping trips. More age appropriate things as they get older.

What do you do during your Mother/Daugter Time?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 13, 2012 at 6:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
PetulaW
by Member on Jul. 13, 2012 at 11:55 AM
1 mom liked this

Oh my goodness, with three girls (and one boy!) who are ages 21, 7 and 5 I think I've done everything under the sun. LOL... I've done all that you've mentioned too. Other ideas are making jewelry together - even girls as young as 3 can participate. For younger ones use pipe cleaners and larger beads. It turns out beautifully and it helps with their manual dexterity. I've made jewelry with them at home as well as at a local jewelry-making shop/boutique.

We've gone to the spa together, shopping for gifts or outfits, reading with a purpose of discovering their interests, my kids love to do "homework" (workbooks, coloring sheets, computer games & Internet sites), bikeriding and skating are both good for various ages, even me and the youngest have enjoyed a date at Starbucks...

Hmmm... let's see... Okay, I think I'm having a braindump now 'cause with a 21-year-old daughter I should be able to remember more. Oh! Some came to me: we've done plays, shows, events, dinners, etc. You know, "cultural" stuff.

Now that you've mentioned it, I think it's time for some mommy/kid dates!

OliviasMommy17
by Melissa on Jul. 13, 2012 at 1:12 PM

That sounds like our Mommy-Daughter time.

la_bella_vita
by on Jul. 13, 2012 at 1:20 PM

We read together, do crafts, play barbies, run around the yard today, really just about anything.

Kiwismommy19
by Wendy on Jul. 13, 2012 at 2:12 PM

We read, watch movies, just generally hang out. We don't make a big deal about everything being big and special. Just time together.

RavenDravenF
by New Member on Jul. 13, 2012 at 2:16 PM
Nothing right now but think about her coming out of me

CafeMom Tickers

4kidz916
by Bronze Member on Jul. 13, 2012 at 7:24 PM
1 mom liked this

I like to have a spa day with my girls.  We make facials and foot scrubs and just have an evening of pampering ourselves. 

SweetLuci
by Bronze Member on Jul. 13, 2012 at 7:51 PM
1 mom liked this

We walk on the beach, have a "book club"(we talk to each other about what we're reading-explain the plot, what we like about it, don't like, and then ask questions), shopping, going out for a "girly" lunch at a tea room. They have hats and boas to wear. Spa day. Volunteering together is very rewarding.

TurboMom81
by on Jul. 13, 2012 at 7:54 PM
We did nail painting tonight. I did their finger nails and my oldest did my toe nails.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
flowrsgalore
I feel like I'm sorta losing it, being a bitch. motivation where are you?
Yesterday at 4:23 PM
by New Member on Jul. 13, 2012 at 8:08 PM

It seems like my entire day is mommy daughter time. She's 4. Today we went to her little friends house & we let the girlies play while we did a quick craft thing, then we fed chickens. We do errands every day. Went for a swim this afternoon.  We go get ice cream that would be a big deal.  Go for bike rides. She'll still get in the stroller. Not sure if this is what you had in mind, cause I could go on & on with my routine. ha ha

Harris06
by Megan on Jul. 13, 2012 at 8:16 PM

My girls are young as well. My 3.5 year old and I go grocery shopping, my 2 year old and I cuddle and play, and my (almost) 1 year old and I have nap and bedtime routines that we do as well as just the fun playing around and tickle wars and all. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)