Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Raising Confident Daughters Day 5: Self-Esteem Scavenger Hunt

Posted by   + Show Post

Go on a little scavenger hunt with your daughter. Use the list of scavenger hunt clues below, or make your own and set a time limit to find all of the items and fulfill all of the tasks. Invite friends or family members to participate for double the fun.

• Find a photo of when you were happy or acting silly
• Clip a headline that mentions a woman making the news in science, math or politics
• Sing your favorite song lyric
• Unearth a favorite birthday card you received
• Write a thank-you note to a parent, mentor or teacher
• Call a relative you haven’t spoken to in a while
• Perform a random act of kindness
• Give someone a compliment in person, face-to-face
• Discover an interesting fact about your parent(s) that you didn’t know before
• Ask a parent, mentor or teacher what life was like when they were your age.

What's on your scavenger hunt list? Have you ever done something like this?

Did you miss yesterday's activity? Here it is! Don't forget, you need to respond to 10 of the challenge posts to be entered to win the $50 gift card! Sign up here for daily reminders.

by on Jul. 13, 2012 at 9:23 AM
Replies (31-40):
blg5484
by on Jul. 13, 2012 at 1:25 PM
1 mom liked this

ill have to modify it to fit my 2 yr old but i think she would love this and if i can throw in a few outside things she would be in heaven :)

MichelleSw
by Member on Jul. 13, 2012 at 1:54 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Cafe Kate:

I"m sure she'll really appreciate the letters when she's older. That's a great idea!

Quoting MichelleSw:

Cute & things I already naturally do. Every so often I show DD her baby books & my photo albums. Since DD was an infant, I have written letters to her. Just to tell her how special she is to me, what milestones she's made, or just about the fun we are having. I've never read one to her because she's only 5. Maybe today I'll ask if she is ready to hear one

I think so. Also, when I pass away; she will have the letters to share with her children and so on. They will get to see a little of my personality, how I lived, and how my heart is :) 

bbkimberly
by on Jul. 13, 2012 at 2:06 PM
I can't move right now so we will do a scaled down version
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kirbymom
by Bronze Member on Jul. 13, 2012 at 2:12 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Cafe Kate:

• Find a photo of when you were happy or acting silly ~~  My daughter takes pictures of me when I'm not looking. Yuck.  lol 
• Sing your favorite song lyric ~~ She tells me never to ever sing.  lol 
• Unearth a favorite birthday card you received ~~ I have several of these put around the house as I like to show them off.  :)  
• Call a relative you haven’t spoken to in a while ~~  She just recently talked to one of her grandmothers that she hasn't sen or talked to in a few years.
• Perform a random act of kindness ~~  She went to the store across the street from our house just to buy some chocolate milkl for herself and ended up sharing it with the entire family of her own accord just yesterday.
• Give someone a compliment in person, face-to-face ~~  Yesterday she says to me that if I were to put on some makeup and the right clothes, I would look younger than her and that that is just not right. To have your mom looking younger than you. lol  This one I loved.  :)  
• Ask a parent, mentor or teacher what life was like when they were your age. ~~  She gets to hear about how there were stores on every corner when her dad and I were young and how that kids go go to the corner market and not worry about getting mugged, like you do today.

What's on your scavenger hunt list? Have you ever done something like this? ~~ We do this periodically.

summerbear
by Member on Jul. 13, 2012 at 2:15 PM

I love this idea! Going to do this one for her today!

kyfiregirl
by on Jul. 13, 2012 at 2:52 PM

we do them at holidays similar to this not the same!

rollinhard07
by Member on Jul. 13, 2012 at 3:07 PM
Sounds like fun, does playing dance central kinect together count ;-) we do that together and it is fun.
MamaMandee
by Mandee on Jul. 13, 2012 at 3:16 PM

What a fun idea, thanks! 

Click The Blinkie To Join Me!!    

epiq
by Member on Jul. 13, 2012 at 4:32 PM
1 mom liked this

This looks super fun and I think I will add "make a time capsule together

We have also gone through a spare room that has random stuff from when she was younger and bagged up.  We sorted them into trash, donate, and sell.  We have been doing this for the past 2days.  We are now done.

Monkeylicious
by Member on Jul. 13, 2012 at 6:50 PM
Think I will put a little booklet together for each - to finish during summer break!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN