Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mageirocophobia is the fear of cooking, Do any one you have it?

Posted by   + Show Post

by on Jul. 13, 2012 at 4:32 PM
Replies (11-20):
SlightlyPerfect
I am so spoiled.
Today at 10:46 AM
by Bronze Member on Jul. 14, 2012 at 9:29 PM

OMG no. I love to cook. I love how different types of food work together. I love experimenting and getting DD in the kitchen with me. We pick out veggies and fruits together when we go out shopping, check out recipes online. I show her how to search, how to read recipes, how to view the pics, how different combinations work.

This reminded me I need to get DD an apron.

Funny, because I never cooked until I had a kid.

slightlyperfect

SweetLuci
by Bronze Member on Jul. 14, 2012 at 9:42 PM

When I first saw this I had to laugh. Sounded like an excuse not to cook to me, but then I researched it and found that it really is a difficulty for some people. Who knew?

KymberleeAnn
by on Jul. 14, 2012 at 9:42 PM

I love your reply it was so honest and real.

Quoting SlightlyPerfect:

OMG no. I love to cook. I love how different types of food work together. I love experimenting and getting DD in the kitchen with me. We pick out veggies and fruits together when we go out shopping, check out recipes online. I show her how to search, how to read recipes, how to view the pics, how different combinations work.

SlightlyPerfect
I am so spoiled.
by Bronze Member on Jul. 14, 2012 at 9:46 PM

Aw, thanks.

I'm trying to help my daughter maintain her endless human curiosity. She wants to learn about everything. I want her to know how to eat.

Think about cooking. It encompasses everything. All the senses, math, combinations, experimentation, project management, accomplishment, failure. Just exposing her to the process is doing far more than my little brain can even begin to understand.

All I know is... It's working.

Quoting KymberleeAnn:

Quoting SlightlyPerfect:

slightlyperfect

KymberleeAnn
by on Jul. 14, 2012 at 9:49 PM

goodGood for you mom! Way to go...... Keep up the good work.

Quoting SlightlyPerfect:

Aw, thanks.

I'm trying to help my daughter maintain her endless human curiosity. She wants to learn about everything. I want her to know how to eat.

Think about cooking. It encompasses everything. All the senses, math, combinations, experimentation, project management, accomplishment, failure. Just exposing her to the process is doing far more than my little brain can even begin to understand.

Quoting KymberleeAnn:

Quoting SlightlyPerfect:

SlightlyPerfect
I am so spoiled.
by Bronze Member on Jul. 14, 2012 at 9:53 PM

You too. I loved your reply in the "need to be beautiful" thread. I can relate.

Quoting KymberleeAnn:

Quoting SlightlyPerfect:

Aw, thanks.

Quoting KymberleeAnn:

Quoting SlightlyPerfect:

slightlyperfect

SlightlyPerfect
I am so spoiled.
by Bronze Member on Jul. 14, 2012 at 9:55 PM

Well, this is coming from you! You!!!! Your recipes have saved my ass more times than I can count! No wonder a fear like this would be so unbelievable to you. You're amazing. :)

Quoting SweetLuci:

When I first saw this I had to laugh. Sounded like an excuse not to cook to me, but then I researched it and found that it really is a difficulty for some people. Who knew?

slightlyperfect

KymberleeAnn
by on Jul. 14, 2012 at 9:56 PM

Thank you very much. 

Quoting SlightlyPerfect:

You too. I loved your reply in the "need to be beautiful" thread. I can relate.

Quoting KymberleeAnn:

Quoting SlightlyPerfect:

Aw, thanks.

Quoting KymberleeAnn:

Quoting SlightlyPerfect:

SweetLuci
by Bronze Member on Jul. 14, 2012 at 10:09 PM
1 mom liked this

What a sweetie you are! Thank you for the kind words. I'm glad you were able to use my recipes.

Quoting SlightlyPerfect:

Well, this is coming from you! You!!!! Your recipes have saved my ass more times than I can count! No wonder a fear like this would be so unbelievable to you. You're amazing. :)

Quoting SweetLuci:

Mrs.Andrews
by on Jul. 15, 2012 at 2:30 AM

No, that sure would suck. I have emetophobia. the fear of throwing up. It's pretty intense.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)