Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is there an aspect of your daughter's personality that you admire, or wish you had yourself?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 13, 2012 at 11:42 PM
Replies (11-20):
MomTiara19
by Member on Jul. 15, 2012 at 7:21 AM

Hi,

I really admire my little girl.She is 13 and very smart,compassionate,mature and a leader.I wish I could have achieved all the good grades and awards she has achieved.I was more the wild child growing up...lol...she is so straight and narrow.

~Tia

SweetLuci
by Bronze Member on Jul. 15, 2012 at 12:18 PM

Isn't it inspiring when they are so inquisitive?

Quoting celshep:

She is sooooo inquisitive! She has to know how and why. She sees the little details in things that I tend to overlook. I wish I could slow down and enjoy life the way she does, instead of trying to rush to get everything done. It's such a wonderful quality to have. 

momofkandb
by Member on Jul. 16, 2012 at 10:51 AM

My dd is just like me.  Except she is even more stubborn and head strong.  She knows what she likes and does not like and is very vocal about it.  I used to be like that before I got married and started my career.  Now, I tend to keep my ideas and opinions inside.  I wish I could be more vocal like her.

heather4511
by Bronze Member on Jul. 16, 2012 at 11:01 AM
My DD is the same way. I too wish i could be more straight forward. Things would be much easier, plus I think that leads to less disappointment.

Quoting MaddieLainesMom:

I wish I was as spunky and outspoken as my daughter. Being aable to be straight-frward with people and speak my mind would come in handy instead of shying away from confrontation. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
heather4511
by Bronze Member on Jul. 16, 2012 at 11:02 AM
Mine either. Usually when people need comforting, I'm not sure what to do.

Quoting Supervane:

She's very compassionate, It's not one of my strong points
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
heather4511
by Bronze Member on Jul. 16, 2012 at 11:03 AM
Don't you just love the stubbornness? My daughter has her days of having a temper and being stubborn as well.

Quoting Mrs.Andrews:

I see a LOT of me in her. I only wish she wasn't so stubborn and didn't have such an angry streak. Other than that, I love every part of her. She is so outgoing, strong, happy, loving, and creative.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
heather4511
by Bronze Member on Jul. 16, 2012 at 11:05 AM
Do you get the "why? Why? Why?". At least you welcome her questions. Many parents get frustrated and brush their kids questions off with an "I don't know".

Quoting celshep:

She is sooooo inquisitive! She has to know how and why. She sees the little details in things that I tend to overlook. I wish I could slow down and enjoy life the way she does, instead of trying to rush to get everything done. It's such a wonderful quality to have. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
heather4511
by Bronze Member on Jul. 16, 2012 at 11:06 AM
That's something to be thankful for. Though there is always time for her to get a wild streak later in life. LOL!

Quoting MomTiara19:

Hi,

I really admire my little girl.She is 13 and very smart,compassionate,mature and a leader.I wish I could have achieved all the good grades and awards she has achieved.I was more the wild child growing up...lol...she is so straight and narrow.

~Tia

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
heather4511
by Bronze Member on Jul. 16, 2012 at 11:07 AM
At a young age, kids just seem to care less about others opinions. And i wish it could stay that way forever.

Quoting momofkandb:

My dd is just like me.  Except she is even more stubborn and head strong.  She knows what she likes and does not like and is very vocal about it.  I used to be like that before I got married and started my career.  Now, I tend to keep my ideas and opinions inside.  I wish I could be more vocal like her.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
celshep
by on Jul. 16, 2012 at 11:13 AM

She used to ask the neverending "why why why", but usually my answers were good enough for her! I home-school, so it's most definitely my job to answer any and all questions my children have... I am their teacher!
The only time I ever became truly annoyed of the WHY or WHEN questions was when we were on vacation and all three children were asking them at the same time while we were in the van for hours. The physical exhaustion and boredom from the car ride was not a good combination on any of our moods!

Quoting heather4511:

Do you get the "why? Why? Why?". At least you welcome her questions. Many parents get frustrated and brush their kids questions off with an "I don't know".

Quoting celshep:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN