Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is there an aspect of your daughter's personality that you admire, or wish you had yourself?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 13, 2012 at 11:42 PM
Replies (21-30):
heather4511
by Bronze Member on Jul. 16, 2012 at 11:30 AM
Oh my goodness! I don't know how you handled that Lol Was that a learning lesson for future car rides? :P

Quoting celshep:

She used to ask the neverending "why why why", but usually my answers were good enough for her! I home-school, so it's most definitely my job to answer any and all questions my children have... I am their teacher!
The only time I ever became truly annoyed of the WHY or WHEN questions was when we were on vacation and all three children were asking them at the same time while we were in the van for hours. The physical exhaustion and boredom from the car ride was not a good combination on any of our moods!

Quoting heather4511:

Do you get the "why? Why? Why?". At least you welcome her questions. Many parents get frustrated and brush their kids questions off with an "I don't know".

Quoting celshep:

She is sooooo inquisitive! She has to know how and why. She sees the little details in things that I tend to overlook. I wish I could slow down and enjoy life the way she does, instead of trying to rush to get everything done. It's such a wonderful quality to have. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Andrews
by on Jul. 16, 2012 at 12:41 PM

Oh my gosh, and she will go off at the weirdest things. Just when I start to relax and think maybe we are getting past this stage, the tantrums get worse!

Quoting heather4511:

Don't you just love the stubbornness? My daughter has her days of having a temper and being stubborn as well.

Quoting Mrs.Andrews:

I see a LOT of me in her. I only wish she wasn't so stubborn and didn't have such an angry streak. Other than that, I love every part of her. She is so outgoing, strong, happy, loving, and creative.

Harris06
by Megan on Jul. 16, 2012 at 12:50 PM
1 mom liked this

McKenna: I love how everything can be fixed with a hug.

McKaela: Her sense of humor is eclectic. 

Maisie: She wakes up every morning with a smile and a laugh. 

All three of my girls are a good mixture of my husband and I and a lot of their personalities are very similar to ours. All three girls are very sweet spirited. The only thing that I wish I had would be Maisie's smile and laugh first thing in the morning. I tend to wake up and go "ugh...it's too early." haha

trekkiechic
by on Jul. 16, 2012 at 12:51 PM

She is completely outgoing and friendly

SlightlyPerfect
by on Jul. 16, 2012 at 12:51 PM

Everything is new.

I love that. I want to create that again.

slightlyperfect

heather4511
by Bronze Member on Jul. 16, 2012 at 12:52 PM
I don't think the teen years will be any better :P

Quoting Mrs.Andrews:

Oh my gosh, and she will go off at the weirdest things. Just when I start to relax and think maybe we are getting past this stage, the tantrums get worse!

Quoting heather4511:

Don't you just love the stubbornness? My daughter has her days of having a temper and being stubborn as well.

Quoting Mrs.Andrews:

I see a LOT of me in her. I only wish she wasn't so stubborn and didn't have such an angry streak. Other than that, I love every part of her. She is so outgoing, strong, happy, loving, and creative.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
heather4511
by Bronze Member on Jul. 16, 2012 at 12:53 PM
There definitely is excitement in discovering new things! As a parent its exciting all over again to see our children thrilled by the slightest things.

Quoting SlightlyPerfect:

Everything is new.

I love that. I want to create that again.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
koalasami
by New Member on Jul. 17, 2012 at 9:30 AM

The confidence that she has in herself and her willing to try anything.  She is 14 and decided to join the wrestling team in 8th grade.  She was the only girl (which may have motivated her) but she did not mind at all.  Now she has decided to play football in high school.  She has already started working out with her team.  There is NO way that I would have done something like that at her age.  She will also walk up to any boy and ask them out in a heart beat.  I NEVER would have asked a boy out when I was 14.  I was never that confident.

heather4511
by Bronze Member on Jul. 17, 2012 at 9:34 AM
Wow, that is GREAT confidence. I wish i could have been like that in high school! Hope she enjoys football :)

Quoting koalasami:

The confidence that she has in herself and her willing to try anything.  She is 14 and decided to join the wrestling team in 8th grade.  She was the only girl (which may have motivated her) but she did not mind at all.  Now she has decided to play football in high school.  She has already started working out with her team.  There is NO way that I would have done something like that at her age.  She will also walk up to any boy and ask them out in a heart beat.  I NEVER would have asked a boy out when I was 14.  I was never that confident.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Chymerra
by on Jul. 17, 2012 at 9:52 AM

She is the most outgoing child that I have ever met. Becky can go into a room, not knowing anyone, and she will come out with at least 3 new friends. I wish I was like that. I very shy/reserved around people.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)