Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Raising Confident Daughters Day 8: Get Moving

Posted by   + Show Post

Get physical! Choose a new activity, or pick one you both love. Anything from hula hooping to rock climbing, to dancing, bowling, roller-skating, hiking, swimming and more can be healthy for your body, mind and relationship.

What would you like to do with your daughter?

playing tennis girlhula hoopdancing

Did you miss yesterday's activity? Here it is! Don't forget, you need to respond to 10 of the challenge posts to be entered to win the $50 gift card! Sign up here for daily reminders.

by on Jul. 18, 2012 at 1:20 PM
Replies (31-40):
Abigail0210
by Member on Jul. 18, 2012 at 3:07 PM

I am pregnant and doing workout videos... Abigail joins me so I bought her little weights so we can do it together

malexander2009
by on Jul. 18, 2012 at 3:08 PM

We all go for walks when possible I cannot wait to teacher how to play catch and golf and how to bowl

LivinBlessed
by Member on Jul. 18, 2012 at 3:10 PM
My dd and I love to swim, play socccer, and do yoga together. She'll be starting peewee cheerleading soon, so I'm sure we'll have lots of fun with that as well!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
milchman05
by on Jul. 18, 2012 at 3:11 PM
We both love to dance so we Zumba with the Wii
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Monkeylicious
by Member on Jul. 18, 2012 at 3:11 PM
My girls enjoy doing yogawith me - they also like to go through this deck of yoga cards for kids and pick a card and see if we can all do it!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Harris06
by Megan on Jul. 18, 2012 at 3:13 PM

McKaela and I are in a Mommy and Me dance/gym class, Maisie joins us in that. 

McKenna and I do just about anything from tag to dancing to riding bikes to going on walks. And of course her sisters usually join in too. :)

kirbymom
by Bronze Member on Jul. 18, 2012 at 3:15 PM
1 mom liked this

Actually, I have just recently taken up walking of an early morning and I asked my 16 yr old daughter to go with me. We walk anywhere form 20 minutes to 45 minutes, depending on what the day brings.  I make sure its just the 2 of us so that we can have a moment where its just us with no interruptions.  Its nice to have some quiet time with her. Sometimes we don't even talk. And sometimes she tells me all about what is going on with her and her firends and what she thinks and feels.  Most of the time she just wants a sounding board and thats what I give her.   She lets me know all about her personal thoughts and I do my best not to say too much.  lol  This also helps me learn how to let go of my almost grown daughter and to let her make the decisions she feels is best for her self.  Not easy for me to do, but I am working on it.  lol   

SlightlyPerfect
by on Jul. 18, 2012 at 3:16 PM

Playground

Hide-n-seek

Dancing

Anything with the Kinect

Biking

Swimming

slightlyperfect

SlightlyPerfect
by on Jul. 18, 2012 at 3:17 PM

I wanna do that after we move! Is it fun?

Quoting Harris06:

slightlyperfect

Harris06
by Megan on Jul. 18, 2012 at 3:21 PM

We have a blast! I started it with McKenna when she was about 9 months old and have enjoyed it with each girl.

Quoting SlightlyPerfect:

I wanna do that after we move! Is it fun?

Quoting Harris06:

Proud Navy Wife since 1/10/06; toddler girl Mother to McKenna since 12/11/08,  toddler girl McKaela since 5/27/10 & baby girl Maisie since 8/15/11.

Due in September? Join us in September 2011 Babies!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN