Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Raising Confident Daughters Day 8: Get Moving

Posted by   + Show Post

Get physical! Choose a new activity, or pick one you both love. Anything from hula hooping to rock climbing, to dancing, bowling, roller-skating, hiking, swimming and more can be healthy for your body, mind and relationship.

What would you like to do with your daughter?

playing tennis girlhula hoopdancing

Did you miss yesterday's activity? Here it is! Don't forget, you need to respond to 10 of the challenge posts to be entered to win the $50 gift card! Sign up here for daily reminders.

by on Jul. 18, 2012 at 1:20 PM
Replies (81-90):
Radarma
by Member on Jul. 20, 2012 at 1:58 PM

This summer she is taking up inline skating, which is weird because she fits INTO MY skates! **gasps**

I go with her on a scooter. :)

She is also learning how to walk a tree line...it's like a zipline between two trees and you walk the length of it. This is something some teens in our 'hood have started and the younger kids are getting the biggest kick out of learning it.

workinm0mmy
by on Jul. 20, 2012 at 6:22 PM
1 mom liked this
Rock climbing and swimming
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
StephanieG31
by Member on Jul. 20, 2012 at 8:21 PM

With it being summer time the family goes swimming everyday. Just today she finally achieved swimming in the deep with no help! I have started working out the last few months to so she does that with me by hosting her own water aerobics class.And let me tell you she is little a junior Jullian from Biggest Looser!! We also do the Wii fit together all the time.

NavyBussGirl
by on Jul. 21, 2012 at 3:14 AM

Geocaching, we love to do that together.

Flaca43
by Member on Jul. 21, 2012 at 7:44 PM

I would love to dance with her! It will be fun! We can have a night of it!

Meravella
by on Jul. 22, 2012 at 10:40 PM

walking/hiking -- it gives you a great opportunity to talk and connect with each other!

fraujones
by Member on Jul. 23, 2012 at 12:32 PM

We've been swimming a lot! 

lilezkimo
by New Member on Jul. 23, 2012 at 2:17 PM
We ride bikes together and go running. I am so glad she is old enough to do activities with. When she was little I would push her in a jogging stroller. I would take her to 24 hour fitness but she would go play in the daycare room. We also would go to the YMCA and she would play in the playground while we exercises. All her life she has seen me try to stay fit. She has cheered me on during races, so I am at least being a good role model of an active, healthy lifestyle.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JoyJoy
by Member on Jul. 24, 2012 at 2:57 PM

walking and swimming

MamaBear2cubs
by Nikki on Jul. 25, 2012 at 2:38 PM
We love to go swimming.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)